Advice Louqe Ghost S1 & 7900XTX universal block

ro9ue

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Dec 20, 2019
7900XTX does not seem to have a block that would fit the Ghost so could a universal block solution work without overclocking? The vrms and ram would rely only on passive cooling with added heatsinks.

Last edited:

ro9ue

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Dec 20, 2019
I did mean reference board, sorry for not mentioning. I also looked at that EK block as well, it's 27mm thick and with Alphacool's 90 degree low profile fittings the thickness totals 47mm. The assembly would most likely fit but the fittings would make contact with the side panel and I would not be comfortable with that issue.

Do you think the ram and vram components need active cooling with a universal block if the card is driven at stock?

paulesko

Master of Cramming
Jul 31, 2019
I agree that yes, vram needs active cooling. look at the problems that first versions of 3090 had with those vram modules on the back of the pcb.

Will it work without active cooling? Yes
Do I think that fittings touching the lateral panel is a much lesser problem that vram not cooled properly? Also yes

Alphacool has these 90 degree fittings that are only 18mm high. It could make a difference, but you have to use their propietary tubing (which I like btw) but you may need to change every other fitting in your system if you have already bought it.

Also try to look for a barbed 90 degree fitting. These are 16.6 mm high I believe, you only need to put a couple of clamps and you´re good to go
Something like this