Looks like XenForo was a good choice

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
First HardForum and now AnandTech are switching to XenForo: http://www.anandtech.com/show/10550/anandtech-forums-upgrade-announcement

Not to say it's perfect, or that there aren't good alternatives, but I feel better knowing very large and established forums like [H] and AT feel it's the right choice for their communities. It means SFF Forum could grow much bigger than it is today and still be fine.

Reactions: Phuncz and QinX

QinX

Master of Cramming
kees
Mar 2, 2015
I saw the same news and thought, hah, my fav forum is on that from the start. Get on our level!
The same feeling applied with [H].

Preparing the switch must have taken them so much time, I can't imagine switching forum software is easy.

Reactions: Phuncz and jeshikat

Edward Hay

Trash Compacter
Aug 5, 2016
We've used Xenforo for my regiment/clan for awhile now, and have to say, it looks so much better!

The admin panel is actualy very good too, just takes some time getting used to :)

jeshikat

Original poster
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
The admin panel is decent but I wish the various options sections were sorted better. As it is it seems basically random.

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
Yeah it was, this forum is such a breeze to use, even on mobile it works amazingly smooth. I'm still amazed that you managed to pick this one out from all the other alternatives.

I guess we're XenForo hipsters now?

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
I confirm this xenforo forum rocks compared to what i was used before..nice choice indeed!

jeshikat

Original poster
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
I'm still amazed that you managed to pick this one out from all the other alternatives.

Basically I compared the various platforms and came to the same conclusions as AnandTech. XenForo requires less server resources, is actively being developed, has good security, good built-in anti-spam tools, large and active add-on ecosystem, etc.