Storage Logic Supply MC600 and two 3.5" drives + two 2.5" drives

whtvr

Case Bender
Original poster
Aug 17, 2018
I am trying to put together a system based on an ITX motherboard and I want for it to have two 3.5" hard drives, in addition to two 2.5" drives; I will not be using a dedicated GPU but rather rely on an onboard graphics solution of the motherboard. I came across the MC600 by Logic Supply and I have to say that I like it a lot - it's very compact yet big enough for the hardware I'm considering.

Which accessories do I need to purchase with that case to be able to mount the drives - 2x 2.5" and 2x 3.5"? Specifically:
  • do the B25-2xHDD and AKHDR-MK15X parts come with the installation bracket - the part that screws onto the case and the drives are attached to (as seen on this photo)
  • will I be able to mount the 3.5" drives (stacked using the MK15X bracket) on the plate beside the motherboard? (right side of the case, on this photo)

I have found many examples of builds in that case but none of them had the configuration described above...

Reactions: DarekLogic

breakfast

Chassis Packer
Logic Supply
Mar 7, 2017
Glad you dig the case!

Alright, now bear with me here:
  • The stacker brackets don't come with that other bracket/plate for hanging drives. That's SKU "MTB100" and I don't think it's front-end available, so you'll have to work through the sales chat to get that. Should be like $10 maybe?
  • Yes you can mount the 3.5" drives on that plate. Use the stacking brackets you identified, and then the bottom drive will be screwed into the plate from the bottom. I don't think the chassis kit has enough #6-32 screws to do this, so you'll have to source a few more (12 more).
As for configuration, I think you'll be okay stacking the two 3.5's in the side 'bay' there, and then depending on board/cooler config you can hang the MTB100 with two drives side by side over the mobo. You could also technically put the 2.5's over the 3.5's but its going to be tight, and only work for sure if they're 7mm thick drives. Buckle up for some pretty tight cabling in either config :)

Also, that vertical bracket between the bay and the mobo should just go - you aren't using it and it will block airflow/cables, ditch it.

breakfast

Chassis Packer
Logic Supply
Mar 7, 2017
If you put the 2.5" drives over the mobo keep the CPU cooler under 40mm (as measured from PCB top surface to top of cooler) and you should be good. Assuming 7mm thick drives that leaves a few mm left in between for air intake - obviously any shorter you can go is going to help get air into the cooler better.

whtvr

Case Bender
Original poster
Aug 17, 2018
Thanks a lot for replying, breakfast! The information you provided is very helpful!

So, I'm going to need a low profile CPU cooler for installing two 2.5" drives (7mm thick) side by side on the "MTB100" bracket to hang over the motherboard area - from what you are saying, something like the NH-L9a might be too tall, since it's 37mm tall on its own...

I have another question, if you don't mind. I have been staring at the photo of the bottom plate onto which the drives are screwed and one thing I can't figure out is which of the holes are to be used for mounting a 3.5" drive? I can see the matching holes for two 2.5" on that plate but not for the 3.5" one. Could you perhaps point them out?