Bambam625

Trash Compacter
May 5, 2017
I'm hesitant to include older generations, because then I'd have to include some cards that are discontinued as well, like the low profile gtx 950. (alternative link)
If you think I should add it anyway, then please say so.
yep. I think u should. Even if stuff is discontinued, it can still be found and used, and for archiving purposes , itd be a good idea. However this is just my viewpoint.

Reactions: Therandomness

Rock Rock Robot999

Efficiency Noob
May 6, 2017
I made a some changes to the how some of the info is presented on the sheet, I think it makes the list more readable.

Also I like the idea of adding the older cards for reference, especially since less than a year ago the most powerful single slot GPU was a 750ti. I wouldn't really go back further than the 700 series though

Chrizz

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Jan 23, 2017
I made a some changes to the how some of the info is presented on the sheet, I think it makes the list more readable.

Also I like the idea of adding the older cards for reference, especially since less than a year ago the most powerful single slot GPU was a 750ti. I wouldn't really go back further than the 700 series though
Thanks, I implemented the changes in the master sheet. I will add older cards soon.

How do you guys feel about Palit cards? As you may know they split their cards up into multiple brands. (Galax, Galaxy, KFA2, kuroutoshikou). In the low profile 1050 (ti) section, I now have KFA2 and kuroutoshikou cards that are identical (besides the text on the fans). Shall I keep both, add galax too, or keep just one?

Rock Rock Robot999

Efficiency Noob
May 6, 2017
If they serve different markets then it may be worth including them all. That way all options are covered if people are shopping for GPU in different countries, though it would take up some space

Chrizz

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Jan 23, 2017
It's looking a lot nicer now!

Reactions: Soul_Est

Chrizz

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Jan 23, 2017
I did a big overhaul; rather than having columns for single slot, low profile and passive, I integrated them in the rest of the table such that the entire table is visible at once. (it already was on my 1440p monitor, but most people have 1080p monitors)
The 'special' GPUs are marked as described at the top; single slot is italic, low profile is purple and passive is bold.

Colinreay

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 28, 2016
Sweet, thank you so much man! Definitely saves me a lot of work in frivolously searching through various websites to find what I'm looking for.

Say, is there a way in the future to also list the width? I think one thing many people overlook is that many higher power cards tend to increase in width as they shrink in length. In addition, it'd be nice to see if these wider than reference cards have recessed power connectors (so that the total card width + connectors isn't much if at all wider than the card width by itself.) I understand this requires a lot more work, and would be happy to assist if needed!

Reactions: Soul_Est

GentlemanShark

Asus RMA sucks
Marsupial Computing
Dec 22, 2016
Sweet, thank you so much man! Definitely saves me a lot of work in frivolously searching through various websites to find what I'm looking for.

Say, is there a way in the future to also list the width? I think one thing many people overlook is that many higher power cards tend to increase in width as they shrink in length. In addition, it'd be nice to see if these wider than reference cards have recessed power connectors (so that the total card width + connectors isn't much if at all wider than the card width by itself.) I understand this requires a lot more work, and would be happy to assist if needed!
Do manufacturers even accurately list that info? Most I've found tend to be inaccurate or measure to the bracket or disregard the power connector.

Colinreay

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 28, 2016
Do manufacturers even accurately list that info? Most I've found tend to be inaccurate or measure to the bracket or disregard the power connector.

Manufacturers will generally tend to measure width correctly, it is length I'd be more apprehensive of. From everything I've seen GPU manufacturers measure the width from the bottom of the PCIe x16 slot connector to the opposite edge of the PCB. Most PCBs are 111.15mm as per the PCIe spec, so that's what is commonly listed for width. That's interesting that some manufacturers measure it differently, haven't come across it yet. As for the power connector, that is much harder to find measurements for, buy you can make a pretty good approximation by looking at various pictures.

atearapart

Efficiency Noob
May 18, 2017
I've started adding a card height list, but the vendor specs for height seems really unreliable/disparate. The given R9 Nano specs already range from 105 to 125mm while they all follow the reference design and should be the same.

Reactions: Biowarejak

jtd871

SFF Guru
Jun 22, 2015
I've started adding a card height list, but the vendor specs for height seems really unreliable/disparate. The given R9 Nano specs already range from 105 to 125mm while they all follow the reference design and should be the same.
There is very little standardization in card measurements.

You can also add the Quadro K1200 to the list (actually a Maxwell-based card). It's half-height, single-slot with 4 mDP only.

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017

You can also add the Quadro K1200 to the list (actually a Maxwell-based card). It's half-height, single-slot with 4 mDP only.
I'm sure it has its niche in a workstation somewhere, but I can't help but feel there's almost always gonna be a better alternative to that card :p

Chrizz

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Jan 23, 2017

I will not add the Quadro K1200 since the Quadro P1000 is smaller and performs better, but people don't get this card for its performance, but for the displayports, so a Quadro P600 or P400 would make even more sense. I don't really want to add those though, since they are so low-end and expensive that I doubt anyone in this forum would be interested in them.

The reason I do have the Quadro p2000 and Quadro p4000 in the list is because they are relevant performance wise (P4000 is slightly better than gtx 1060, P2000 is in between gtx 1050 ti and gtx 1060)

Reactions: Biowarejak