List of Mini-ITX/DTX motherboards with a Key A header (for front panel USB C)

zooroo

Chassis Packer
Jun 7, 2019
anyone have any idea when Asus will release Rog Crosshairs Viii Impact? I can see that the instruction manual is up on their support site. But there is no info as to when it will be out.

gravlaks

What's an ITX?
Jan 2, 2019
length 96mm
depth 76mm with conector
thickness 16mm with radiator

Setup Ok with Noctua NH-C14S

Edit : Some photos

I wonder if there are would be room for two Noctua A12x25 under your graphics card. Would you have any idea about that? I understand if it's hard to say.

I read somewhere else that it wasn't, but now we finally have an actual card.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
I wonder if there are would be room for two Noctua A12x25 under your graphics card. Would you have any idea about that? I understand if it's hard to say.

I read somewhere else that it wasn't, but now we finally have an actual card.
It's not hard to say, it's a simple yes/no: card over two slots (42mm) thick -> 25mm thick fans won't fit.

Reactions: gravlaks

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Wow, that's a really good Sketchup model. (Or did you make it in another program and import it?)
I make everything in Sketchup, and have since 2009. It's nothing special really. For the kinds of designs I do that don't require fancy curves it works fine. Have you checked out the resources section? Plenty of more detailed Sketchup models in there.

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
I make everything in Sketchup, and have since 2009. It's nothing special really. For the kinds of designs I do that don't require fancy curves it works fine. Have you checked out the resources section? Plenty of more detailed Sketchup models in there.

(Maybe this is a discussion for elsewhere, but...)

For sheet metal stuff, do you calculate bend radii and stuff like that by hand? Or is there some sheetmetal plugin for Skp?

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
(Maybe this is a discussion for elsewhere, but...)

For sheet metal stuff, do you calculate bend radii and stuff like that by hand? Or is there some sheetmetal plugin for Skp?
For the most part, I use an inside bend radius of zero, which is what Lian Li's press brake achieves on their standard 1.5mm thick aluminum. The outside radius I usually add manually, but I just approximate it since it's mainly for cosmetic purposes. I do have a plugin that can round edges and corners, but I don't use it that often since it leaves the model a little messier than I like (e.g., creates curves as segments rather than a single continuous arc). I'm not aware of any sheetmetal plugin for Sketchup.

Hohyss

Caliper Novice
Aug 17, 2019
anyone have any idea when Asus will release Rog Crosshairs Viii Impact? I can see that the instruction manual is up on their support site. But there is no info as to when it will be out.

Go to Page 3, i uploaded some photos with crosshairs VIII that i received saturday.

Reactions: GerryMz

Hohyss

Caliper Novice
Aug 17, 2019
would you be able to provide some benchmarks and thermals? what cpu are you using and how high is it boosting during load?

I want to wait the M1 case for taking good thermals and benchmark, with NH14S and NH-U9S (i have both).

Just upload 2 bench @ Stock with this setup :

AMD Ryzen 3700x With NH-C14S @ Stock
Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Impact
G.Skill RipJaws 32 Go
DDR4 3200 MHz CL14 @Stock
EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER XC GAMING
Samsung SSD 970 PRO 1 To

Last edited:
Reactions: GerryMz

GerryMz

Average Stuffer
Apr 23, 2019
I want to wait the M1 case for taking good thermals and benchmark, with NH14S and NH-U9S (i have both).

Just upload 2 bench @ Stock with this setup :

AMD Ryzen 3700x With NH-C14S @ Stock
Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Impact
G.Skill RipJaws 32 Go
DDR4 3200 MHz CL14 @Stock
EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER XC GAMING
Samsung SSD 970 PRO 1 To
that's not bad, specially since you don't have pbo on but glad to see that noctua cooler does a good job !, do you know wich version of the bios it has ?

Reactions: Hohyss

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
For the most part, I use an inside bend radius of zero, which is what Lian Li's press brake achieves on their standard 1.5mm thick aluminum. The outside radius I usually add manually, but I just approximate it since it's mainly for cosmetic purposes. I do have a plugin that can round edges and corners, but I don't use it that often since it leaves the model a little messier than I like (e.g., creates curves as segments rather than a single continuous arc). I'm not aware of any sheetmetal plugin for Sketchup.

That makes sense. So then does Lian-Li just use it as a guide and create their own drawings or do you use spaceclaim/another program to convert the file?

(Sorry for all these questions, I've just always been curious as to how you guys work without solid modeling tools.)

Warside

Trash Compacter
Sep 2, 2019
Hi guys,

I'll order the NCase M1 next week and, in the meantime, I'm buying the new HW to build my AMD rig.

I was just a lurker since 10 minutes ago, but I decided to signup to share with you my discovery.
I've just found a USB3.0-20Pin to USB3.1 Adapter for 25 bucks!

The adapter is manufactured by CableCC. It's available on amazon.de/uk/it , but not on amazon.com. However, you can find it here: https://www.cablecc.com/usb-31-fron...extension-adapter-for-motherboard-p-4358.html

I'll test it on a GIGABYTE X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI as soon as I have the Mobo and the M1!

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
That makes sense. So then does Lian-Li just use it as a guide and create their own drawings or do you use spaceclaim/another program to convert the file?

(Sorry for all these questions, I've just always been curious as to how you guys work without solid modeling tools.)
What we've typically done is I hand the complete Sketchup file off to wahaha360, who rebuilds it in Solidworks (he has a license and I can't stand using it anyway). Then he sends the CAD to LL in .step and .dwgs generated from the model. They work with .dwgs internally, so I also edit those when something needs tweaking, as there's less chance they'll miss something that way.

ps -ef

Caliper Novice
Jul 25, 2019
Hi guys,

I'll order the NCase M1 next week and, in the meantime, I'm buying the new HW to build my AMD rig.

I was just a lurker since 10 minutes ago, but I decided to signup to share with you my discovery.
I've just found a USB3.0-20Pin to USB3.1 Adapter for 25 bucks!

The adapter is manufactured by CableCC. It's available on amazon.de/uk/it , but not on amazon.com. However, you can find it here: https://www.cablecc.com/usb-31-fron...extension-adapter-for-motherboard-p-4358.html

I'll test it on a GIGABYTE X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI as soon as I have the Mobo and the M1!

There are two cables from the case for USB-C and USB Type-A respectively:
1. USB-C Type-E cable: With the 20 pins adapter for USB-E, it will take up the onboard 02x USB 3.2 Gen 1 ports, converting it to USB Type-E for the USB-C port to work.
2. USB 3.2 Gen 1: Then the 02x USB 3.2 Gen 1 on the case does not have an on board header to plug into.

We are still finding affordable solution to make both work :D

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/X570-I-AORUS-PRO-WIFI-rev-10
USB
Integrated in the CPU:
  1. 4 x USB 3.2 Gen 1 ports on the back panel
Integrated in the Chipset:
  1. 1 x USB Type-C™ port on the back panel, with USB 3.2 Gen 2 support
  2. 1 x USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A ports (red) on the back panel
  3. 2 x USB 3.2 Gen 1 ports available through the internal USB header
  4. 2 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports available through the internal USB header

Hohyss

Caliper Novice
Aug 17, 2019
I seen your pictures they are great. Has Asus officially launched this product in Germany?
HI, yes it's official but I think you can't have one now because no stock at this time. I've been lucky to have one.