List of Mini-ITX/DTX motherboards with a Type E header (for front panel USB C)

bluestofblue

Average Stuffer
Jun 12, 2019
That just has a 19 pin header. You need both the 19 pin and 20 pin Type E if you want to use both the USB Type A and USB C front ports.

Don't get confused by the USB 3.2 naming; USB 3.0 has been retroactively renamed "USB 3.2 Gen 1," so all those old headers are now technically "USB 3.2" and neither "USB 3.0" nor "USB 3.1" exist any longer.
Really hope that dtx board pricing can be revealed soon so I can see if they made it a sub $330 board or not. It is either Asus dtx or x390 Strix for me.

Warside

Chassis Packer
Sep 2, 2019
Thanks for the recommendation!!
I wrote down the link of the first cable I've found on amazon. Please be sure the cable you'll buy is long enough to be connected to the back of your mobo, to be rerouted inside and then connected to the USB3 cable of the ncase.

I don't know how long is the 19-PIN USB cable of the M1. @Necere any hint? :)

Last edited:

knewt

Cable Smoosher
Sep 4, 2019
I wrote down the link of the first cable I've found on amazon. Please be sure the cable you'll buy is long enough to be connected to the back of your mobo, to be rerouted inside and then connected to the USB3 cable of the ncase.

I don't know how long is the 19-PIN USB cable of the M1. @Necere any hint?
I would like to know how long both the 19-pin and 20-pin type E header cables are. The Aorus Z390-I motherboard im looking at has the Type E header at the very top left corner, quite far away compared to the other 19-pin and SATA ports etc.

Reactions: Warside