Lian Li - O5S - WC

c3l3ry

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
New User
May 21, 2018
Hey All,

Rather new SFF member but longtime fellow over at HardForum.

I had an itch to attempt to build a watercooled (CPU) Lian Li O5S. Since the O5S is shorter than the more common O5SX (it doesn't have the raised top portion that allows for a 240MM rad), its built to be air cooled only. After some trial and error, I managed to successfully get a wc loop built for my processor. Honestly, it will likely be far cooler if I air cooled it but it wasn't the point... I think it looks way cooler with this loop than another boilerplate air cooler. It was a fun build but not practical!

6800k runs @ ~38c w/ load at 30%. ~52c @ 70%
Strix 1080ti OC @ ~88c @ 100%

Happy to take more pictures but this is what I have thus far...

Cheers!

Reactions: Kooki

Soules

Caliper Novice
Feb 26, 2018
Cool build man. What components are you using like rad size and location since this case didn't have that in mind.

Also what is this sitting on? Not sure if it's another build or something.

And lastly this would be cool with an external radiator apparatus. I now alphacool makes them.

Narwhal

Average Stuffer
Jan 30, 2018
Hey All,

Rather new SFF member but longtime fellow over at HardForum.

I had an itch to attempt to build a watercooled (CPU) Lian Li O5S. Since the O5S is shorter than the more common O5SX (it doesn't have the raised top portion that allows for a 240MM rad), its built to be air cooled only. After some trial and error, I managed to successfully get a wc loop built for my processor. Honestly, it will likely be far cooler if I air cooled it but it wasn't the point... I think it looks way cooler with this loop than another boilerplate air cooler. It was a fun build but not practical!

6800k runs @ ~38c w/ load at 30%. ~52c @ 70%
Strix 1080ti OC @ ~88c @ 100%

Happy to take more pictures but this is what I have thus far...

Cheers!

you should rotate the psu, doesnt looks like it can get any freah air