News [Lian Li] Lian Li Introduces the PC-Q21 Series PC Chassis

Hi. I am still new at this being a super star in the case video industry :p so I am still kinda nervous about these video.
I like and trust most of you, so here is a sneak peak at the new one, that is relative to this forum. Please, give me positive criticism about what I can improve for next time.

Product Features of the PC-Q21
  • Compact Size, tiny footprint
  • 2 expansion slots and room for thicker GPU
  • Options for plentiful HDD or SSD placement; up to 2x 3.5” drives or 3x 2.5”
  • Slim (Slot-load) ODD bay doubles as SSD tray
  • Fully tool-free design
  • MSRP: USD 74.99
  • Availability: Early September
And see it all here:
http://www.lian-li.com/en/dt_portfolio/pc-q21/

Any questions about it, feel free to fire away.
I am thinking with a R9 Nano, this baby will both rock and roll!

Reactions: mitxlove

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Great video - very informative - and you seem comfortable being on camera. I did note however that volume levels dipped around the time you were discussing the internal aspects of the ODD bay.

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
I'm glad you showed it with a system installed. It gives a much better overview of how the case looks and feels with parts inside it.

Though I wouldn't want to actually run it like that with a video card and dual 2.5" drives on the bottom, blocks all the intake for the card.

veryrarium

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 6, 2015
The pace of your presentation and the editing are excellent to me.

Other than what Aiboh pointed out the only thing that made me stop and wonder (to myself) is the orientation of the CPU cooler fan. In a case like this or Silverstone SG05/FT03mini, it's a natural question that comes up and must have been discussed over and over on various forums, and my intuition says to flip the CPU fan to do the "pull" config to minimize the amount of hot air getting recycled as well as to maximize the amount of fresher air for the CPU heatsink, but having done no comparison test myself and unable to recall reading others do (maybe SPCR has done such tests) I have no answer to this, so I have no suggestion to make a change or anything.

Kip

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Jul 24, 2015
www.facebook.com
Oh good, its still up here. They took down some of the videos to fix the loud music and reasons.

Thanks for the feedback guys. We just bought a new camera and mic, so it should be smoother. That bit had an error and we tried to voice over. Its not as easy as it looks.

And Veryrarium, I too would like to know that. Or, can you reverse the CPU fan to blow out the PSU! That would be odd but might work. Myself, I would mod speed holes in the case and mount the PSU flipped, if it can. But there must be a reason.

Reactions: mitxlove

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
I plan on testing the reverse CPU cooler fan hypothesis very soon :)

NFSxperts

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 7, 2015
Other than the typo in the title, Nice video. This case has a similar internal layout as the tu100 but even smaller. How are the temps since there is no front intake?

I'm hoping for an updated tu100 that allows for longer gpus.

Kip

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Jul 24, 2015
www.facebook.com
There is a new TU case coming, the PC-TU300, but I can't talk about it here. Its ATX! ;) Nice case, but big. Comes with luggage trolley too! No, I don't know why...

They actually don't give me the cases long enough to test. I am guessing the q21 will get hot if the GPU gets hot. For example, until they make a Nano that vents to the outside more than it looks. CPU I am not worried, I think they don't make heat anymore. Right :p

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
That's a typical problem with plenty of SFF cases due to the lack of volume and airflow. Reference blower designs and AIO designs like the Fury X (fan as exhaust) mitigate this.

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
I've noticed some odd pauses you made especially when listing the hard drive configurations. Did you do that to ease editing and allow the visualisation of the options to stay on the screen a bit longer?

Kip

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Jul 24, 2015
www.facebook.com
H
I've noticed some odd pauses you made especially when listing the hard drive configurations. Did you do that to ease editing and allow the visualisation of the options to stay on the screen a bit longer?

Ha, yes, mostly. There is a new editor/camera guy and a new me. Its a new team and we are learning how to communicate. It does not help that the other guy does not speak English and I don't Chinese :) But also, part of it is, I forget my lines a bit :( Its hard work.

m4dcow

Cable Smoosher
Sep 16, 2015
There is a new TU case coming, the PC-TU300, but I can't talk about it here. Its ATX! ;) Nice case, but big. Comes with luggage trolley too! No, I don't know why...

They actually don't give me the cases long enough to test. I am guessing the q21 will get hot if the GPU gets hot. For example, until they make a Nano that vents to the outside more than it looks. CPU I am not worried, I think they don't make heat anymore. Right :p
I would loved to have seen an mATX version of the TU-300 (it's up on the site). The recent Lian Li mATX cases have all been pretty chunky, everything over 30L, and most of them have ODD drives which are becoming more and more unnecessary, where you guys make all sorts of variations of ITX cases (PC-Q25 running my NAS). I prefer aluminum cases because I live relatively close to the sea, in an open air house, in a humid climate but regardless of that I'm buying the Kimera Industries case as soon as it is available.

Kip

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Jul 24, 2015
www.facebook.com
Well, the TU300 is actually ATX or mATX. Its small for a full size system, smaller than any other ATX case we make.

I like that Nova! Love cool cases. I love my job!

Vittra

Airflow Optimizer
May 11, 2015
Good for a first video. I think you're a better fit than the previous fellow that was doing the videos. I'm sure the pauses and such will improve over time.

I'd rather not turn this into a TU300 thread, but based on the specs on the page, it is indeed small for ATX. I suspect that the figures provided don't include the handle or feet, though, much like the NZXT S340, which will put it in a similar size range to both it and the FT05.

m4dcow

Cable Smoosher
Sep 16, 2015
Good for a first video. I think you're a better fit than the previous fellow that was doing the videos. I'm sure the pauses and such will improve over time.

I'd rather not turn this into a TU300 thread, but based on the specs on the page, it is indeed small for ATX. I suspect that the figures provided don't include the handle or feet, though, much like the NZXT S340, which will put it in a similar size range to both it and the FT05.
I'm pretty sure they include the feet in all other cases I have seen, and the handle folds down so it probably wouldn't be measured extended. The measurements seem completely plausible due to the PSU placement.

Kip

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Jul 24, 2015
www.facebook.com
This is now a TU300 thread!
All case measurements are for the box, not including feet and handle.
/tu300 thread Back to me and the q21!

OK, that is actually true for all case measurements. Its height of the box, not height off the floor. I will see if I can get Lian Li to include more measurements in the future.

I am sending the q21 to AMD. They will use it in their promo material. I got to tell you, for a geek that started out as a newb on OCN forums, to chatting with AMD and they ask ME for things... Wow.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
You should ask them to send us an R9 Nano for review, the best place to get your ITX card reviewed seems to be this SFF focal point :D

AMD's community reps might want to get in on the action on this forum since they seem to embrace SFF.

stylo

Minimal Tinkerer
Apr 25, 2016
Hi all,

Just ordered this case, i'm surprised that i cannot find any thread concerning this pc Q-21 as it's already on the market !
If someone got it, pleaqse leave a feedback, cheers