Lian Li/DAN A4-H2O

Bshoults

Caliper Novice
Sep 20, 2017
Dan, I love the latest render for the A4 H2O. I know it’s not quite related, but are you planning on redesigning the regular A4 in a similar fashion? I love the simplicity and size of the OG A4 but would like to see an updated look. BTW, just preordered v4.1.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Currently only the new side panels that are compatible with v1, v2, v3, v4 & v4.1 are on the list for changes for A4-SFX.
Maybe after the release of A4-H2O and C4-SFX I will take a look at it. But this will be not before end of 2021.

Reactions: thelaughingman

10chris

Cable Smoosher
Jan 13, 2021
Currently only the new side panels that are compatible with v1, v2, v3, v4 & v4.1 are on the list for changes for A4-SFX.
Maybe after the release of A4-H2O and C4-SFX I will take a look at it. But this will be not before end of 2021.
If i understand correctly there will be two models? A4-H2O and C4-SFX with 240mm AIO support?

dunkalunk

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Feb 4, 2018
Hey @dondan. Would be looking at this case as a replacement for my Node 202 in an HTPC setup. Already have a SFF air cooler. What's the distance from CPU die to case edge?

ProfessorPepper

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Apr 9, 2021
Water Cooler thickness is listed at 30mm with 25mm fans. I was looking at the Artic Liquid Freezer II 240 which is 38mm but with Noctua slim fans the total thickness is 53mm which is less than the 55mm max. Would you personally go with that or can you recommend a AIO with an emphasis on silent and/or configurable pump operation?

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
Water Cooler thickness is listed at 30mm with 25mm fans. I was looking at the Artic Liquid Freezer II 240 which is 38mm but with Noctua slim fans the total thickness is 53mm which is less than the 55mm max. Would you personally go with that or can you recommend a AIO with an emphasis on silent and/or configurable pump operation?
you can also consider Alphacool Eisbaer Solo LT 240 - the pump block is very low profile at just 40mm and the tubing is super flexible

TheRealGlutenbob

Caliper Novice
May 14, 2020
I love the logo-less front panel. I do prefer the side panels with the screws. I am not a fan of seeing the side panels on the top. The two lines make it look a little awkward to me.

Any reason why you can't keep the old style side panels, but make it push pins style instead?

Also does this come in black :)?

jtd871

SFF Guru
Jun 22, 2015
Introduction

With the A4-H2O DAN Cases and Lian Li teamed up to create a water cooled sandwich style case for the masses.
The A4-H2O will be sold and supported by Lian Li so DAN Cases just made/licenced the design part.
Currently this product is in a early prototype stage. OptimumTech got the chance to make a preview video for the Lian Li Expo 2021.
The current sample designed is inspired by the A4-SFX but optimized for mass production.

[snip]

Thank you for reading and your support. Please let me know what you think!
Dan,

I'm thrilled for you that you are able to collaborate with Lian-Li in this way!

Best regards,

J

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Some shots of the new sample: