Lian Li/DAN A4-H2O

Takel1210

What's an ITX?
New User
Mar 10, 2021
pretty good for the update, seems it can support for ATX PSU, there are too few choose for a itx case that support 240 AIO together with ATX PSU!

Nichronos

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 22, 2018

What's the CPU block clearance with the 2 slot panel bracket?
This idea seems interesting tho :)

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
The idea of changeable back panels was droped. So only 3 Slot gpu mode.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
I think this is a very special use case but should work if you able to mod it yourself.

floater

What's an ITX?
New User
Mar 16, 2021
I like either aesthetic but, for practical reasons, I prefer the rounded corners from the A4-SFX. My system will regularly make the journey to the office:

• Rounded corners will be easier to slip into a bag.
  • Sharp corners are more likely to suffer edge damage.

I'm planning a 10900K/Quadro RTX 4000 workstation for SolidWorks.

Reactions: ChrisMCP

nightshift

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 23, 2020
I like either aesthetic but, for practical reasons, I prefer the rounded corners from the A4-SFX. My system will regularly make the journey to the office:

• Rounded corners will be easier to slip into a bag.
  • Sharp corners are more likely to suffer edge damage.
The roundness of the A4 also gives it a more premium look, since the top and front panel is made of a single piece (that also continues a bit downwards) - the continuity of the material is so nice. I prefer the A4 design too. However, with the C4 coming up, it might be better to differentiate the Lian Li H2O from it and reserve those curves for the Dan products only.

EDIT:
I realized that the H2O inherited the design from the early plans of the C4 as seen on the thumbnail of an Optimum Tech video from 2018 about the C4-SFX:

Last edited:

xredlinexx1

Average Stuffer
Mar 18, 2019
I know the frame isn't likely designed for it, but you should totally throw in an optional handle on the top. I wish more sffpcs had handles, like what Sliger does with their cases. You squeeze so many expensive components into a small space, it makes me nervous moving it around.

xredlinexx1

Average Stuffer
Mar 18, 2019
I know the frame isn't likely designed for it, but you should totally throw in an optional handle on the top. I wish more sffpcs had handles, like what Sliger does with their cases. You squeeze so many expensive components into a small space, it makes me nervous moving it around.
Besides that, for the most part I like the design change. personally I like sharper corners rather than the curved. Always thought the a4 looked a little strange with the big curves.

Frenzy

Trash Compacter
Feb 14, 2020
I was thinking of handles before. I kinda settled on a temporary strap design you can sling and secure around the case when you need to move it. Something like a "Gear Grip". Then again when I actually travelled I put the DAN A4 in the Tenbo camera bag, fits like a glove and cushioned on all sides.

Overall handles are easier said then done. You'd need to add a cross brace frame/plate along the top. It can't be supported be the aluminium outer panel itself. The sliger design actually impedes quite some airflow where in this case you would want full openings for the radiator.
edit: just checked the latest sliger 580, the cross bars are not that thick anymore.

Last edited: