Lian Li/DAN A4-H2O

ZeroDividesByYOU

Cable Smoosher
Feb 24, 2021
Work on detail CAD is done. Now it is up to LianLi to do the magic :)

WOW Dan. I bought an A4 for my first SFF build with an Asetek Liquid cooler, and if this is what the final design is going to look like. Then you have an INSTANT BUY from me. I ADORE how this thing looks and the compatibility with more parts is honestly GAME changing. Love you and your designs, thank you for doing this.

R-Oak

Cable Smoosher
Feb 24, 2021
Your render seems to make it look like you dropped the sandwich design
If that was intentional ( I love you ) haha

I'm personally not a huge fan of aio, and having a bit more room for a bigger air-cooler could makee buy this case in a heartbeat

I'm just sadden that their 2 new offering (A4-H20 and Q58) both use sandwich layout :(

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
Your render seems to make it look like you dropped the sandwich design
If that was intentional ( I love you ) haha

I'm personally not a huge fan of aio, and having a bit more room for a bigger air-cooler could makee buy this case in a heartbeat

I'm just sadden that their 2 new offering (A4-H20 and Q58) both use sandwich layout :(

Check out the C4 then.

Reactions: GerryMz and dondan

ZnaX

What's an ITX?
New User
May 4, 2020
Still waiting for a NR200p delivery, been waiting for 3 months now, might aswell, wait longer for this one o_O

Reactions: muSashi

xolotl96

Efficiency Noob
Dec 4, 2020
how much clearance is there for waterblock height? Would a solution like this fit? (24mm without the pump which should result in around 54-58mm total)

yj668

Chassis Packer
Aug 13, 2019
Hi Daniel what is the approximate clearance for this portion of the case if the PSU is a SF600/750 Platinum?

Screen grab from Ali's preview video

10chris

Cable Smoosher
Jan 13, 2021
Hello Everyone,

In my opinion the design of the prototype is much better than the second one with the edges. The round curves make the case look flawless, timeless and standing out of the competition, because the majority of sff cases are full of edges (like Ncase M1, Sliger, FormD T1, etc). Furthermore i think that Lian Li should also produce it in a grey color.

nightshift

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 23, 2020
Hello Everyone,

In my opinion the design of the prototype is much better than the second one with the edges. The round curves make the case look flawless, timeless and standing out of the competition, because the majority of sff cases are full of edges (like Ncase M1, Sliger, FormD T1, etc). Furthermore i think that Lian Li should also produce it in a grey color.
I also liked the look of the first version better. The venting holes of the side panels are of course different but that aside, this is a bit more like "Lian Li A4 H2O designed by Sliger". People should recognize the signature touches of the familiar DanCase design.
If there will be a C4 separately or if LianLi specifically asked to make it look different then I understand the change of design. It's still nice and I'm sure it will be popular.

Bonusround

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 26, 2018
It’s being called a ‘Dan A4’, so it seems reasonable to expect a family resemblance. And I’ve always loved the A4’s curved front panel – it’s elegant and truly sets the case apart.

I wish the same applied to this prototype. The A4-H20’s approach to the edges of the panel curves is anything but elegant – it simply looks awful. If that’s the only way Lian Li is willing or able to build this then maybe it’s better to move to the squared-off design. :\

Reactions: SiKiaTriK

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
I think that if it ends up using the edgier design, it could be called something different - that way the A4, C4, and this can all have their designs linked to a unique name.

Maybe some other paper size - is there one between A4 and C4? B4?

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
I think that if it ends up using the edgier design, it could be called something different - that way the A4, C4, and this can all have their designs linked to a unique name.

Maybe some other paper size - is there one between A4 and C4? B4?
A(0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) is paper, C(x) is envelopes (to match A-sized paper, so slightly bigger than the A size with the matching number). I don't think there's anything using B.

Edit: never mind, apparently there is - though I've never, ever seen it used. B series paper sizes are sized at the geometric mean between adjacent A sizes, i.e. B1 measurements are the geomean between A0 and A1 sizes, etc. B would thus be a very good fit for a slightly larger case, even if it would entirely miss out on the instant recognizability of A4 as an indication of size.

ChrisMCP

Trash Compacter
Jun 16, 2018
like the first prototype way more (with 3 slots addition). Clean, resembles the original a4. Front IO is cancer on any case, especially with usb-a ugliness.

DaHans

Average Stuffer
May 11, 2018
So the 2 Slot Design would still fit a 2,7 Slot GPU?

I would love to have the "old" design. Right now I'm more than happy that this product will come to live in the 10 Liter "class". Hopefully it will arrive in Q3 2021.
*thumps up*