Production Lazer3D CG7 Cravo - Low profile silent case (slim mATX | mini itx)

dumplinknet

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 26, 2018
I think if this case was a hair taller, it would be able to fit cards such as the zotac 1080 mini.
Any plans to expand this case? I love the design. I just don't like that it's so restrictive in God power .

Reactions: jujudk

kaffi

Caliper Novice
Jan 25, 2018
smallish update

yesterday was my 1 year forum anniversary and yesterday I got the case in my hands :)
I'm still a bit cathartic,I know it may sound cheesy but I'm really happy with it and it is symbolic for me.
Its really nice in person, the texture feels great. I have a few things here and there to fix but overall I'm really liking this a LOT!
Expect some pictures down the week but only for the case assembly thought. I'll have to wait at least another week for some parts to arrive because the store mixed up my psu.. sigh

Also, the new screws improved quite a bit the looks of it, here's some photos with a banana for scale:

sorry for the scale joke
holy shit thats beautiful. Its always surreal to see the renders actualized. you should put that in the first post. Have you not implemented the feet yet? I thought those were pretty cool.

owliwar

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Lazer3D
Apr 7, 2017
holy shit thats beautiful. Its always surreal to see the renders actualized. you should put that in the first post. Have you not implemented the feet yet? I thought those were pretty cool.
Thanks! haha that is a good idea actualy XD

I did manage to get the feet on, that's how I'm using in my desk. I also recommend using some kind of feet because the screws are kinda sharp.
next revision will have proper screw holes. I just fixed that in the cad files.

jujudk

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 1, 2017
Little idea update for you @owliwar

Just seen this video

I wonder if we could fix this case to the back of a monitor :eek: (yeah this case is 400 bucks so :/)
It would need modifications though (on one panel, or a vesa mount option)

GucksTV

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 13, 2018
www.youtube.com

Just seen this video

I wonder if we could fix this case to the back of a monitor :eek: (yeah this case is 400 bucks so :/)

Beside the fact that it might be a great feature for an All-in-One, I think the design aspect of the CG7 speaks for itself. It is tiny and beautiful. With its size it fits already next to any Monitor or TV and works as a pice of minimalistic furniture with its individually designable exterior it would be a shame to cover it behind something! ;)

jujudk

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 1, 2017
Beside the fact that it might be a great feature for an All-in-One, I think the design aspect of the CG7 speaks for itself. It is tiny and beautiful. With its size it fits already next to any Monitor or TV and works as a pice of minimalistic furniture with its individually designable exterior it would be a shame to cover it behind something! ;)

I'm more or less thinking of it as a possibility, if the product is versatile then it will be kept for longer
I think that's this idea could be use on another model though, or a stripped down version of this model

owliwar

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Lazer3D
Apr 7, 2017

Just seen this video

it would be too sad to hide it though XDXD
I believe there are some better implementation for this kind of aesthetics.
Antec has some cases that uses this sytem in a better way (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0064LWISQ/?tag=theminutiae-20). but invlves using a monitor that has a feet that isn't blocking the vesa ports. I think that would work better for the general sff cases

jujudk

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 1, 2017
it would be too sad to hide it though XDXD
I believe there are some better implementation for this kind of aesthetics.
Antec has some cases that uses this sytem in a better way (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0064LWISQ/?tag=theminutiae-20). but invlves using a monitor that has a feet that isn't blocking the vesa ports. I think that would work better for the general sff cases

It would be sad indeed but u still like this concept of having the config behind the monitor (especially in a dual screen config ! )
Anyway if i want i might just mod the case at some point ^^

Reactions: owliwar and GucksTV

owliwar

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Lazer3D
Apr 7, 2017
hi there
this week we made a few prototypes and our last modifications went really well :)
@K888D assembled a system to test up the DC-ATX Layout. its amazing how big the case looks without the psu cables. I really like the aesthetics of this. keep in mind he is using a mini-atx motherboard here.

also, huge thanks to @Kmpkt for sending us the dynamo mini! (you can check out Kmpkt PSU solutions at the sfflab)

hope this pictures help you all understand how this layout works :)
the hdplex ac-dc unit in the pictures is the 300w one.

hope you all like it

GucksTV

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 13, 2018
www.youtube.com
Can’t wait for the case and the upcoming hardware on computex! <3 GIVE ME THAT Z390 ITX and 8 cores with integrated graphics! :D this will be so damn cool! By the way, I’ve tested around with the Noctua NH-L12S and the i7-8700K @5.0GHz and it can handle this amount of power around 70*C after Delid with 100% cpu load so the cooling options in this case should be more then sufficient. Especially with those additional 92mm fans. :)

jujudk

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 1, 2017
Its the stock cooler that comes with the AMD Athlon 5350, runs almost silent if you set the fan correctly in the BIOS.

OH
Damn am1 was good, hope it was still around (i want to build a nas, may be a real project at some point )
Maybe they will update it even though i doubt it

And no new gtx 2xxx from nvidia still...

Reactions: GucksTV and K888D