• RGB Version (No controller) - 319 USD

Votes: 63 9.7%
  • RGB Version (With controller) - 349 USD

Votes: 104 16.0%

• Total voters

uber_shnitz

Average Stuffer
Oct 14, 2019
You can flip the core to have the "bottom" fans on the top (and therefore as a top exhaust). The stock top panel will allow for some ventilation but for maximum airflow I would consider putting the bottom panel in the top (they are the same mount so this is possible).
Sorry I just saw this thanks for the quick reply guys! :)

I meant more the possibility of having a fan on both top/bottom sides regardless of orientation of the core to create a negative pressure effect by exhausting air from both sides (which would turn the front and sides into intakes via vacuum. It was talked about a bit in the earlier pages of the thread around July (circa page 46) but I don't remember seeing if it had been addressed. I'm thinking maybe if the core frame supports dropping the PSU a few mm that you could fit a slim 15mm fan above it in addition to bottom one (if also maybe replaced by a 15mm fan).

Reactions: AlexTzone

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com

I meant more the possibility of having a fan on both top/bottom sides regardless of orientation of the core to create a negative pressure effect by exhausting air from both sides (which would turn the front and sides into intakes via vacuum. It was talked about a bit in the earlier pages of the thread around July (circa page 46) but I don't remember seeing if it had been addressed. I'm thinking maybe if the core frame supports dropping the PSU a few mm that you could fit a slim 15mm fan above it in addition to bottom one (if also maybe replaced by a 15mm fan).

Oh I see what you mean; however, this is unfortunately not possible :/

wolfatpno

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 8, 2018

In fact, I also wanted a structure that considered negative pressure.
However, I think the present situation is optimized to the maximum from the ratio that does not harm external design.

uber_shnitz

Average Stuffer
Oct 14, 2019
Oh I see what you mean; however, this is unfortunately not possible :/
No worries! Thanks for the answer!

I had a look at the termals doc and it honestly looks fine, but you know....tinkerers always trying to see if there's any optimization available :D

On another note, do you happen to have photos of an assembled unit in other colors than black (I think there's silver and grey right)? Would be cool to see! I recall seeing some of the prototypes in pieces but nothing assembled.

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
@uber_shnitz @wolfatpno

Pressure is less relevant as a concept for sandwich cases because there is so much obstruction in front of the fans doing intake/exhaust but also gaps in the system leading to pressure loss.

Take for example the two panels and how components could affect the pressure of the system.

Vented panels
Open shroud GPU = Slight contribution towards positive pressure
CPU aircooler = Slight contribution towards positive pressure
Blower GPU = Contribution towards negative pressure
PSU = Contribution towards negative pressure
CPU watercooler = Either positive or negative depending on direction of fan
Additional fan = Contribution towards either depending on fan

Glass panels
Open shroud GPU = No contribution towards pressure (mainly turbulance)
CPU aircooler = No contribution towards pressure (mainly turbulance)
Blower GPU = Contribution towards negative pressure
PSU = Contribution towards negative pressure
CPU watercooler = Either positive or negative depending on direction of fan
Additional fan = Contribution towards either depending on fan

However one must also not forget that the intake contributions from the GPU/CPU from the side panels are not filtered by default and so may not be so useful anyway.

And of course things are further complicated by the fact that you can have one panel on one side while the fans span across the two compartments. But generally if you want to force a "negative pressure system" for laughs, then glass panels are the way to go, but know that negative pressure in itself isn't what improves the temperatures.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
No worries! Thanks for the answer!

I had a look at the termals doc and it honestly looks fine, but you know....tinkerers always trying to see if there's any optimization available :D

On another note, do you happen to have photos of an assembled unit in other colors than black (I think there's silver and grey right)? Would be cool to see! I recall seeing some of the prototypes in pieces but nothing assembled.

Anytime man! :D I definitely understand, tinkering/optimizing is what makes SFF so dang fun!

Unfortunately, we only have black prototypes. It became hard to anodize them in anything else (and get matching surfaces) due to different alloys and manufacturers. However, this will not be a problem in production (we’ll use the same manufacturer and aluminium ingots for all matching surfaces) :D

Stealth — basically black (same as the prototypes)

Dark — dark gray a.k.a. “a-certain-fruit-company”-gray

Steel — clear anodizing (more or less natural aluminium 6061 color)

Reactions: uber_shnitz and PBJ

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019
Anytime man! :D I definitely understand, tinkering/optimizing is what makes SFF so dang fun!

Unfortunately, we only have black prototypes. It became hard to anodize them in anything else (and get matching surfaces) due to different alloys and manufacturers. However, this will not be a problem in production (we’ll use the same manufacturer and aluminium ingots for all matching surfaces) :D

Stealth — basically black (same as the prototypes)

Dark — dark gray a.k.a. “a-certain-fruit-company”-gray

Steel — clear anodizing (more or less natural aluminium 6061 color)
I don’t really have knowledge on the matter, but I would pay special attention to the “fruit company” gray. Looks to be a notoriously difficult to anodize. I have seen a couple of companies discontinue the color due to inconsistencies between the parts and/or between batches. The Circle Pro case and the Keychron K1 Keyboard are two examples.

Maybe you guys have already taken it into consideration but just a suggestion because I want to see Mjolnir succeed.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
I don’t really have knowledge on the matter, but I would pay special attention to the “fruit company” gray. Looks to be a notoriously difficult to anodize. I have seen a couple of companies discontinue the color due to inconsistencies between the parts and/or between batches. The Circle Pro case and the Keychron K1 Keyboard are two examples.

Maybe you guys have already taken it into consideration but just a suggestion because I want to see Mjolnir succeed.

It is notoriously difficult to anodize, no doubt! You have to build an anodic layer that is thicker than ultra-clear (i.e. Steel MJOLNIR), but thinner than black (i.e. Stealth MJOLNIR). Everything between ultra-clear and pitch black is super-sensitive to differences in alloys, tempering, production methods, etc. Luckily, Oscar (our material design guy) has a pretty big check-list for all kinds of control factors when it comes to anodizing. But we’ll definitely keep an extra pair of eyes on that one!

Reactions: dealda and PBJ

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Hello @AlexTzone ! Awesome job with this case. Can't wait for the YT reviews and your build tutorial. I was wondering what will be the final prices (shipment included) for the MJOLNIR S and MJOLNIR S + 2X Panel Sets to Spain, it will help me decide what bundle to choose.

Thank you!

Thanks a lot friend! Lol it's so hard to sound natural on camera, but we're doing our best.

Okay to Spain incl shipping & taxes

MJOLNIR S = $299 + $89.33
MJOLNIR S + 2X Panel Sets = $339 + $100.73

(Shipping is high due to Swedish VAT)

Reactions: S1CKSPEED

danny.nguyen

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 19, 2018
Thanks a lot friend! Lol it's so hard to sound natural on camera, but we're doing our best.

Okay to Spain incl shipping & taxes

MJOLNIR S = $299 + $89.33
MJOLNIR S + 2X Panel Sets = $339 + $100.73

(Shipping is high due to Swedish VAT)

i never thought about it.

for australia,
can you please give me qoute on these bundles to see if there is a difference, i might choose 2x panel sets.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
i never thought about it.

for australia,
can you please give me qoute on these bundles to see if there is a difference, i might choose 2x panel sets.

Shippings & taxes to Australia
• MJOLNIR S = $43.76
• MJOLNIR S + 2X Panel Sets = $49.76
• MJOLNIR R = $48.86
• MJOLNIR R + 2X Panel Sets = $54.87

I'm thinking of getting Mjolnir R with 2x panels! Can you tell me how much shipment and taxes will cost me to get em to Turkey!

Heey! Shipping & taxes to Turkey is going to be expensive because we have to ship them by air.

Shippings & taxes to Turkey
• MJOLNIR S = $126.53
• MJOLNIR S + 2X Panel Sets = $160.97
• MJOLNIR R = $135.71
• MJOLNIR R + 2X Panel Sets = $170.18

Reactions: danny.nguyen