• RGB Version (No controller) - 319 USD

Votes: 63 9.7%
  • RGB Version (With controller) - 349 USD

Votes: 104 16.0%

• Total voters

thekinghippo

Average Stuffer
Feb 1, 2019
Does this mean I could essentially order the case with the aluminium panels and have the option of installing the shield as a glass panel on one side?

This would save me from ordering the 2x and 2x

This was my thought as well. On the flip side there's no guarantee it's unlocked. You'd probably want to reserve the +2 panels initially and see how funding goes. I'll likely get the extra panels regardless. I'm not a fan of the logo TBH and $40 is very reasonable.

Reactions: AlexTzone

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Does this mean I could essentially order the case with the aluminium panels and have the option of installing the shield as a glass panel on one side?

This would save me from ordering the 2x and 2x
This was my thought as well. On the flip side there's no guarantee it's unlocked. You'd probably want to reserve the +2 panels initially and see how funding goes. I'll likely get the extra panels regardless. I'm not a fan of the logo TBH and $40 is very reasonable.

Shield of Founder is just 1 tempered glass panel, not 2 that you get with the + 2x panels set :)

Can I get a shipping quote to Singapore? thanks

What MJOLNIR bundle would you like? Please see the first page :)

Sharknose

Average Stuffer
Jan 4, 2019
We actually looked into it, using a 5-axis CNC. However, it was not possible. That's not to mention how ridiculously expensive it would have been to create such parts ?

I'd bet https://www.kern-microtechnik.com/en/ could do it. Ridiculously expensive and very time consuming to be sure, but if it were technically possible to mill out your case from a solid billet of aluminum, they could figure it out.

Of course, now with the switch to machining, there is the possibility of making the case out of other materials as well. 316 stainless steel polished to a mirror finish would be incredible.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
I'd bet https://www.kern-microtechnik.com/en/ could do it. Ridiculously expensive and very time consuming to be sure, but if it were technically possible to mill out your case from a solid billet of aluminum, they could figure it out.

Of course, now with the switch to machining, there is the possibility of making the case out of other materials as well. 316 stainless steel polished to a mirror finish would be incredible.

Aluminium is optimal for quality, finishing and weight. Stainless steel would increase weight by around 4 times, which would drastically increase shipping costs (more expensive than the case itself XD ). Other than that stainless steel is much harder to machine and anodize, which once again adds to the costs. The idea is cool, but hard to pull off :\

Would be fun to check with those guys just for fun, but I think the case will go into the thousands if it's even possible XD

via Imgflip Meme Generator

Last edited:

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
That meme is perfect. ?

Reddit: "Anything over $3 per liter is outrageous!"

Meanwhile at SSF.net: "Could we have it made from solid gold?"

HAHA! ??

Gold is probably too plebeian, more like: "Please custom engineer an anisotroipic carbon lattice that is harder than diamond, stronger than steel and lighter than aluminum with built-in RBG diodes; I'll give you my first born child upon delivery."

Hmm that sounds an awful lot like mjolnirium? ?

Reactions: Allhopeforhumanity

Sharknose

Average Stuffer
Jan 4, 2019
Aluminium is optimal for quality, finishing and weight. Stainless steel would increase weight by around 4 times, which would drastically increase shipping costs (more expensive than the case itself XD ). Other than that stainless steel is much harder to machine and anodize, which once again adds to the costs. The idea is cool, but hard to pull off :\

Would be fun to check with those guys just for fun, but I think the case will go into the thousands if it's even possible XD

Isn't Mjolnir supposed to be impossibly dense and heavy? ? Stainless steel like 304 and 316 are capable of being milled and machined. Stainless wouldn't need anodizing, and 316 can be polished to a mirror finish. Not for a production run, but as a one-off showpiece it would be pretty incredible. Impossible when using casting, but technically possible with machined parts. And 316 can be welded together into a unibody case. Just dreaming while we await reviews and final prototypes of the case.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Isn't Mjolnir supposed to be impossibly dense and heavy? ? Stainless steel like 304 and 316 are capable of being milled and machined. Stainless wouldn't need anodizing, and 316 can be polished to a mirror finish. Not for a production run, but as a one-off showpiece it would be pretty incredible. Impossible when using casting, but technically possible with machined parts. And 316 can be welded together into a unibody case. Just dreaming while we await reviews and final prototypes of the case.

Haaaa you’re right! Actually that would be pretty cool, I’ll look into it. Would look pretty epic in a “look but not touch” glass box on computex next year!

I really like the idea of a gold-bronze anodized aluminum case, something like the photo from instagram:

If you choose the God of Thunder reward we can definitely make that happen & custom panel designs. But yeah, it’s one of those rediculusly expensive Kickstarter rewards ?

wolfatpno

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 8, 2018
Alright guys, what do you think should be etched on the Shield of Founders? :cool:

Logo & text

Just the logo

I'll have to cast my vote on "just the logo" like @JDragon, @DmanX and @Windofchange13

logo only

Logo only!

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Was it over $1,000?

I am willing to pay up to $2,000.

But I see that there is no marketability.

I mean, we could have done a custom one for you if you want to put down that amount of money. However, it doesn't look like its possible :\ Some parts of the enclosure are going to interfere with the CNC itself.

logo only

Logo only!
By the way, did you consider laser etching the glass?

I agree too, the logo is cleaner. We'll use etching for the Shield of Founders! :thumb: No etching, logos or text on the regular tempered glass panels.

Reactions: Windofchange13

danny.nguyen

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 19, 2018
That
It's a logo we'll etch into the Shield of Founder stretch goal bonus (at SEK 2.000.000). Basically 1 tempered glass panel with our logo on it :)
ah. Thats why i prefer the standard version, shame no option for midnight green if everyone want it, it must be at least 400 unit to justify the cost.

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
@AlexTzone Hi Alex, today's shower thought was surrounding the screws holding the side panels. Now that you have a wide spectrum of gray values going from the silver to black, will the screws be matching in color with the corresponding case?

If not, are the screws included going to be silver or black? This affects how perceivable the little hole is on the chassis and I would personally like to get the one that looks least inconspicuous. From the pictures previously it looked like the screws were silvery and therefore stands out more on the black (stealth) chassis,