Votes: 63 9.7%
  • RGB Version (With controller) - 349 USD

Votes: 104 16.0%

• Total voters

CountNoctua

(no relation)
Jul 11, 2019
Wazzup guys!

PTFE tape worked really well against scratches! :) The cases are now fully assembled, just have to wait for black screws and packaging before we packe'em up and send off to YouTube! Check out some pics below, keep in mind that MUCH BETTER pics will come out once Mods By Ben Q takes a look at the cases.

Reactions: AlexTzone

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
Great progress!

Unfortunately I wasn't on the scene when Ncase M1 and Dan Case A4 were on Kickstarter, but I recently backed another project from a group that have delivered 8 prior successful Kickstarter campaigns (Peak Design Travel Tripod), and I must say, the experience was very smooth. I don't know if it will be relevant for you @AlexTzone, but I thought I'd share my experience, which differed from your first Kickstarter launch.

- No early birds, but a statement saying that Backers get it cheaper than when on retail. Makes you feel like you're getting a deal by backing. I don't know if this is relevant (whether you are selling the case after kickstarter).

- In terms of add-ons (extra side panels, extra cases). Surveys were utilized powered by Backerkit, which also had a online webshop like interface (sent to me via email) where you can add items with the pledged amount, but also add more items which was then charged as extra. I do not know if Backerkit takes a cut, but it certainly made the experience smooth. Also since there is now no need for extra rewards for every add on, the front page of the campaign was very clean.

Basically then you will have 4 rewards (Silver/Dark +/- RGB), and then ask users to "overpledge" the extra and then the survey/check-out by Backerkit will then sort out how the overpledged money gets allocated to items. This might also let people get unusual panel combos if you're willing to support it (I for instance, would be interested in 2 bottom panels as well as the side panels).

- Clear communication that the above survey's will be sent out in batches and regular updates generally.

• Love
Reactions: AlexTzone

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
Great progress!

Unfortunately I wasn't on the scene when Ncase M1 and Dan Case A4 were on Kickstarter, but I recently backed another project from a group that have delivered 8 prior successful Kickstarter campaigns (Peak Design Travel Tripod), and I must say, the experience was very smooth. I don't know if it will be relevant for you @AlexTzone, but I thought I'd share my experience, which differed from your first Kickstarter launch.

- No early birds, but a statement saying that Backers get it cheaper than when on retail. Makes you feel like you're getting a deal by backing. I don't know if this is relevant (whether you are selling the case after kickstarter).

- In terms of add-ons (extra side panels, extra cases). Surveys were utilized powered by Backerkit, which also had a online webshop like interface (sent to me via email) where you can add items with the pledged amount, but also add more items which was then charged as extra. I do not know if Backerkit takes a cut, but it certainly made the experience smooth. Also since there is now no need for extra rewards for every add on, the front page of the campaign was very clean.

Basically then you will have 4 rewards (Silver/Dark +/- RGB), and then ask users to "overpledge" the extra and then the survey/check-out by Backerkit will then sort out how the overpledged money gets allocated to items. This might also let people get unusual panel combos if you're willing to support it (I for instance, would be interested in 2 bottom panels as well as the side panels).

- Clear communication that the above survey's will be sent out in batches and regular updates generally.
I feel like Peak Designs is the poster child for Kickstarter. I really wanted one of their packs for my latest photo backpack, but the sizing didn't quite work out when I tried it in store. Awesome products though and I see they are really expanding outside the photo realm these days.

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Guys, I'm going to respond to above posts in a moment (a lot of good stuff there). In the meantime, just wanted to announce that we've finally worked out pricing for an extra set of side panels. Dundundundun...dramatic reveal!

39 USD :D

Let me know what you think of this price? It's certainly better than the 99 USD we had last time XD The simpler glass panel design + CNC frame helped us get the production cost down.

Best,
Alex

Last edited:

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
Guys any ideas on how to avoid metal-against-metal scratches when inserting/removing the internal core from the enclosure? My thoughts so far:
  • Thin layer of lacquer on the corners
  • Tape
These corners are a concern:

Any ideas are welcome! Really don't want to scratch the inside of that fine anodized shell (even if it's not going to be visible to the user).

A couple of pics form the assembly, more to come shortly :D

Spray-on rubberized electrical tape. Be sure to mask it off, first. You'll have to add a bit of clearance for it, as it goes on a bit thick, .75mm I would say.
Alternatively, use linear rails for a 3D printer/CNC machine to get the smooth slide out action (just kidding, that would take up too much space and add a hundred bucks to the cost. Try the electrical tape.

Edit: SFFn must have had a stroke, as I didn't see all the posts and the fact that you found a solution. Oh well. ._.

thekinghippo

Average Stuffer
Feb 1, 2019
I’m confused why we need extra panel for?
Sometimes people like the option to switch up builds at a later date, for example if you put on the TG panels, but then decided you wanted the better cooling of the slotted panels. It also opens the possibility of putting on one of each. For the moment I'm thinking about putting a TG panel on the CPU side facing me for the looks and because that will be water cooled anyways, but putting a slotted panel on the GPU side for better cooling/noise.

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
Alex were you planning on having any special backer options for those of us who backed the original Kickstarter? I know Louqe did it after they didn't meet their goal with the original Ghost campaign so figured I'd ask

Reactions: Alur and AlexTzone

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Man those look fantastic, can't wait for reviews.

Thanks a lot buddy! ?

Gorgeous work! I know you already said the anodizing was slightly different between the prototype uni-body pieces, so to think this case will get even more beautiful once made official is pretty mind blowing. Well done @AlexTzone! I'll eagerly await the reviews! :)

Yeah, the anodizing tone is actually exactly the same. I think the bead blasting distance was sliiiiightly different for the corner pieces as compared to the front/back piece, this make the corner just a little bit less matte. It's really hard to se IRL though, especially in natural light. For production, this problem will not be there.

Looking forward to reviews! Love the flush look and tight tolerance! Great work.

Thanks a lot man! ?

Those cases look fantastic. It's such a milestone to see the cases reach this point. I'm looking forward to seeing tests done with different configurations and combinations of hardware. Have you selected the hardware to be used in the 'glamour' photos? Will you be doing additional thermal testing before sending to reviewers? Has anything else come to your attention now that you have assembled everything? Any areas of concern regarding clearances/tolerances? Did I mention the cases look amazing? Eagerly awaiting being able to purchase one (or two).

Yeah it really is, thanks a lot for the kind words! The hardware depends on the guy we send the cases to. No additional thermals testing, we'll let the reviewers take it from here ? What I didn't like: corner gap is 0.25mm while everything else is 0.125mm, this increase is unnecessary for tolerance purposes and will be removed from production models. The GPU bracket was a little bit tricky to install with the screw on the inside, especially when using a huge GPU. I don't like the idea of having screws on the outside so perhaps this is an okay compromise. I don't like the 90 degree brackets that connect the spine of the core...because they are not black. Looking at machining them directly into the parts, as long as there isn't a big difference in production cost. Hope that answered your questions ?

Wowzers the cases look amazing!

Thanks buddy! ?

May Freya bless your path and Odin instill fear into your enemies!

@AlexTzone Have you decided which content creators you'll be aiming to send them to? Or is it something you'd rather not reveal until after the reviews are released.

Yes but hohoho not telling ?

Great progress!

Excellent tips man! We have really dug into their campaigns now. I think the next MJOLNIR campaign will be a huge improvement over the previous one. We'll also focus more on the team and story.

Think you can colour it in midnight green? Just saw Apple Pro 11 Max but my wife has it and it was so gorgeous.

We'll offer a reward on the new campaign that will allow for custom color and custom panel cutout, but it will be USD 1499 and limited to 5 units. Other than that you'll have Steel (silver), Dark (grey) and Stealth (black) ?

I expected the CNC tolerance like this on the side panel that mounted on unibody

We'll be able to achieve 0.125mm gaps. Without using multi-million USD assembly equipment that can measure and match parts according to their deviations (like Apple does for example) it's not really possible. Machining the entire MJOLNIR to that tolerance would probably cost over 10k USD ?

eta on this case?

Well the packaging & screws will be here mid-October, then 1-2 weeks of shipping to Youtubers. Most likely the campaign will launch somewhere around 25:th of November, that should give plenty of time to the reviewers to review and create videos & as well us give us time to create an epic campaign ?

Alex were you planning on having any special backer options for those of us who backed the original Kickstarter? I know Louqe did it after they didn't meet their goal with the original Ghost campaign so figured I'd ask

As much as we would like to do that, it will introduce risk if something doesn't go according to plan and we need to put down more funds (same reason we won't have Early Birds) ? I think it's a lot better to take those funds directly from our margins than to ask you guys for more money.