Votes: 63 9.7%
  • RGB Version (With controller) - 349 USD

Votes: 104 16.0%

• Total voters

ARC1T3CT

Trash Compacter
Aug 27, 2018
Hi Alex!
The case really looks amazing!!! I’ll be ordering 2 of them! When can we expect to see more photos of the prototypes you have now? Do you have samples of the colour options you mentioned?

Assuming everything goes to plan, when should we expect delivery?

Also what’s the shipping cost to Athens, Greece?

You’re creating something trully special! Keep up the good work mate! ???

DmanX

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 12, 2019
Hope Mr Sayed (optimumTech) tests it with a 2080Ti Fe with a 65w air cooled CPU. I have no problem capping an air-cooled CPU's TDP in BIOS to say 80-85WTDP. So long as I can run a 2080Ti.

DmanX

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 12, 2019
Quick question that I was unable to find an answer to using search: Will the NZXT M-22 AIO fit inside? Specifically the radiator which is 152 x 120 x 32mm (+25mm fan).

Asking for a friend. <-- heh.

Sharknose

Average Stuffer
Jan 4, 2019
Quick question that I was unable to find an answer to using search: Will the NZXT M-22 AIO fit inside? Specifically the radiator which is 152 x 120 x 32mm (+25mm fan).

Asking for a friend. <-- heh.
I think Alex had the M22 in one of the early prototypes. See post # 869. He said the tubes were hard to work with. The M22 hasn't had the best reviews, but it did seem to fit. The 25mm fan would need good cable management skills.

Reactions: DmanX

arthasdklol

Trash Compacter
Nov 14, 2019
@AlexTzone seems to be busier probably finishing off the kickstarter campaign. However with less than 2 weeks until the kickstarter launch I do worry about the fact that the website not being up to date or up-front about the fairly big design changes. I hope that there will not be people confused about conflicting information about what to expect out. I also hope that all Youtubers have been notified that the multi-part chassis is going to be representative of the final product - I.e. It would be SUPER bad if a reviewer says "this is only a prototype, the final chassis will be a cast unibody design". We have also seen on the forum here that there is decent confusion as to whether side panels can be ordered individually (you can't) and I do hope that the campaign makes this abundantly clear.

Since there will be hopefully a good number of people from the previous campaign coming over for the new campaign I do believe it is paramount importance that the difference between now and then are made extra clear to make sure people know what they are getting. There will be huge confusion and disappointment if the changes such as non-unibody are not communicated effectively to those that aren't on this thread.

To draw a parallel, in the PeakDesign Travel Tripod campaign, there was recently a very major change. They decided to change the center column of the carbon fiber tripod to aluminium. This was met with suitable eyebrow raises as now the people who ordered a carbon fiber tripod were not going to be getting a fully carbon fiber tripod (the legs are still carbon fiber). However, this was for the best since the stability of the tripod was significantly better with an aluminium center column, and the team made the changes very clear as well as hosting a Youtube video discussing the reasons for changing it. I am actually affected by this and admittedly was quite annoyed about it until I saw their detailed posts and videos explaining their decision.

Kickstarter Update
Youtube Video

The move from the unibody cast to the CNCed multi-part design choice that was made here recently is a change of a similar magnitude and effect. A large part of what the case is (mentioned in the first couple of lines on the homepage) is now not was it was, similar to how a carbon fiber tripod not being a fully carbon fiber tripod. But at least anybody with two brain cells can see that the CNCed chassis is much better in quality, so this should be proudly proclaimed. The only thing it really raises is why it wasn't obvious to us that the cast chassis looked so crap before (maybe low res photos?)

There were certainly a few people that were upset and cancelled their tripods, but most were understanding and appreciative of the honesty as well as the boldness of the company to go back on their "word" (of making a carbon fiber tripod) in order to deliver a product that is objectively better. If however PeakDesign handled the change very silently, I think many more people would have been angry about this and I hope that this will be avoided by Thorzone.

I hope Alex and the team can make the campaign a success at the same time as being transparent to the changes made, especially since there is no reason to hide changes since the end product is much better with the changes implemented. The only thing is to be brave enough to fight the users that just want a "unibody" because they want an "unibody" no matter if the end product looks crap.

I think it might already be too late for that...

Hello, first time poster.
Me and few of my friends have been waiting for Mjolnir for a long, loooooong time. This is the FIRST time I see the information about the changes from unibody to a multipart design and to be honest I am pretty pissed and disappointed.
Maybe the problem is that I have been using the official website as an official channel to get official information about the product, my bad, should have looked at this one thread at this one forum that HAS NOT BEEN LINKED OR MENTIONED IN ANY OUTREACH MATERIAL. At no point did the website mention this change or even hint at it. To me it feels like a bait and switch and I was hoping that the pictures I have seen with the multipart design were because it was "just a prototype" (to be honest, unibody was a major point for me justifying the high price of the case).

I don't know what advantages multipart provides, you (from what I understand you are not affiliated with the project in an official capacity) wrote that it is "better", but can't really quantify why or how...

This project is a communication failure on so many levels - writing in multiple places with outdated and irrelevant information, being more interested in informing people how much shipping will cost instead of sharing info regarding design decisions, having broken website and email list that doesn't work... This is not a way to run a business, especially at a stage where you need the goodwill of the potential buyers...

The summary is that out of 5 of us that were eyeing the Mjolnir, 1 got pissed at the first Kickstarter cancellation and went with Ghost, 1 went with Dancase because of the price, and out of remaining 3, due to this unibody fiasco: 1 is going to make his own case, 1 will get a Ghost and remaining 1 (me) would like to ask if you will be selling just the internal frame/skeleton as I'm not interested in the outer shell any more.

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com

Me and few of my friends have been waiting for Mjolnir for a long, loooooong time. This is the FIRST time I see the information about the changes from unibody to a multipart design and to be honest I am pretty pissed and disappointed.
Maybe the problem is that I have been using the official website as an official channel to get official information about the product, my bad, should have looked at this one thread at this one forum that HAS NOT BEEN LINKED OR MENTIONED IN ANY OUTREACH MATERIAL. At no point did the website mention this change or even hint at it. To me it feels like a bait and switch and I was hoping that the pictures I have seen with the multipart design were because it was "just a prototype" (to be honest, unibody was a major point for me justifying the high price of the case).

I don't know what advantages multipart provides, you (from what I understand you are not affiliated with the project in an official capacity) wrote that it is "better", but can't really quantify why or how...

This project is a communication failure on so many levels - writing in multiple places with outdated and irrelevant information, being more interested in informing people how much shipping will cost instead of sharing info regarding design decisions, having broken website and email list that doesn't work... This is not a way to run a business, especially at a stage where you need the goodwill of the potential buyers...

The summary is that out of 5 of us that were eyeing the Mjolnir, 1 got pissed at the first Kickstarter cancellation and went with Ghost, 1 went with Dancase because of the price, and out of remaining 3, due to this unibody fiasco: 1 is going to make his own case, 1 will get a Ghost and remaining 1 (me) would like to ask if you will be selling just the internal frame/skeleton as I'm not interested in the outer shell any more.

See this post to see why CNC split part is much more high quality than the unibody. This picture will be included in the campaign launch email we'll send out next week. Youtubers will also mention this reason, so the info will get very wide spread.

We're a small team that have a lot of time pressure right now, there's the making of the whole campaign (which contains all information), trailers, build tutorials, youtube reviews and then updating the website starting on Tuesday. If we had the resources of Apple, everything would be updated pretty much instantly...but now we have to prioritize things in a way that makes sense (this order is debatable of course).

Edit: one thing I can sneak in today though is sharing the split-design update across all social media (doesn't take critical time from the KS campaign building and trailers).

Last edited:

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Quick update

I removed everything I could see about "unibody" or "casting" on the website, can anyone please check if there's something else still in there that's critical? Can't update the renderings right now (that will have to wait for tuesday) but hopefully the basics are there now. Also uploaded the new background pic (with visible split lines), since it was finished already.

Allhopeforhumanity

Master of Cramming
May 1, 2017
Quick update

I removed everything I could see about "unibody" or "casting" on the website, can anyone please check if there's something else still in there that's critical? Can't update the renderings right now (that will have to wait for tuesday) but hopefully the basics are there now. Also uploaded the new background pic (with visible split lines), since it was finished already.

Still says unibody on page 1 of this thread.

Reactions: AlexTzone

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018

It is a shame to see you lose your interest, but I guess thats just the way it is. As you mention correctly, I, like you, are just one individual who is interested in seeing this product come to life, enough so that while I am not affiliated, feel that I have contributed a decent amount towards this case. Looking back I see now that the original prototypes were also CNCed out by Rockitcool, and the reality is that the casting could not reach the equivalent quality (this is why the 92 mm prototype looked as good as it is).

We now know that the casting production method simply cannot produce the finish comparable to the CNCed version, and I assume CNCing the case from a huge chunk of aluminum to maintain a Unibody is not financially feasible.

Obviously the principle advantage of the multibody design is that the case will actually be produced. I think you will agree that there will be even more anger from the community if the quality of the cast product was delivered as a final product. If those 4 lines that show up in the multibody design is unpallatable the unfortunate reality is that this the way it is going to be. I am certain that Alex will be transparent so that there will be no confusion in the Kickstarter that this is the new product that backers and backing.

InvictusTrust

Case Bender
New User
Nov 14, 2019
Hi! : )
I just found this because of Optimum Tech.

How much costs the shipment to Switzerland, Post Code: 9552 for:

MJOLNIR R + 2X Panel Sets
Color choice: Stealth
Panel choice: Performance Panels + Tempered Glass Panels
Lighting: RGB
Limited: 50 units
Pledge: $389 ($60 off MRSP $449)

Maybe cheaper as we are not part of the EU?

Thank you very much and BR.

arthasdklol

Trash Compacter
Nov 14, 2019
See this post to see why CNC split part is much more high quality than the unibody. This picture will be included in the campaign launch email we'll send out next week. Youtubers will also mention this reason, so the info will get very wide spread.

We're a small team that have a lot of time pressure right now, there's the making of the whole campaign (which contains all information), trailers, build tutorials, youtube reviews and then updating the website starting on Tuesday. If we had the resources of Apple, everything would be updated pretty much instantly...but now we have to prioritize things in a way that makes sense (this order is debatable of course).

Edit: one thing I can sneak in today though is sharing the split-design update across all social media (doesn't take critical time from the KS campaign building and trailers).
OK, let's take a step back here a bit get me to clear up a few things. I am not attacking the case/product, just... most of the things outside of it... I have written the previous post and keep writing this one not attack you for the sake of it, but to point out where, in my opinion, you were and still are going very, very wrong. I have been waiting for this case for what feels like 2 years and must admit invested emotionally a bit in it, otherwise I would have just ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ and moved on.

The post you linked with the picture illustrates it perfectly why you chose to go for one method and not the other, it is pretty self-explanatory and I understand, and support, it (in a perfect world I would prefer some post-processing done to the cast shell to make it look awesome, but don't know if that is even possible... not my area of expertise).

Here is the problem though:

This whole operation suffers from appalling communications.
Until I have pointed it out, your official website was incorrect (technically still is, [most of] the renders do not represent how the final product will look like as it doesn't have the "lines" where elements would be joined). Sure, it's no longer a flat out lie, but still leads people to believe that the product will turn out differently than it will. Obviously you can't make new renders just like that, but that just demonstrates that the priorities outside of the product itself are placed incorrectly. [EDIT: I took another look at the page, one of the background pictures has the joins where they should be]

I understand you are under a lot of pressure now, but please don't use the "we don't have the resources of Apple" line. It sounds both like a deflection of the issues and is insulting (I took it as "we don't have a market cap of 1.1T $$$ so be happy with/accept whatever we do"). I don't want to write "you", because I don't know if it was you, but the fact of the matter is that on the "THOR ZONE" side of the project someone made a decision to dedicate their time to designing T-Shirts and help people with calculating shipping, VAT and customs on multiple platforms, instead of tending to the website and being clear about fundamental changes to the product.

To me, the design changes you have made significantly alter how I see the case and I'm looking at it as if it was a completely new product (the unibody aspect was a huuuuge point). I am looking forward to seeing the youtube reviews and the posts about v1, might still join the kickstarter, who knows, maybe I'll get re-hyped/convinced or just wait for v2.
What I would really like is to get the internal spine/skeleton/whatever it's called now, and then maybe get the outside panels/elements in the future...

Last edited:

keepcoding

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 16, 2019
blog.keepcoding.ch
Hi! : )
I just found this because of Optimum Tech.

How much costs the shipment to Switzerland, Post Code: 9552 for:

MJOLNIR R + 2X Panel Sets
Color choice: Stealth
Panel choice: Performance Panels + Tempered Glass Panels
Lighting: RGB
Limited: 50 units
Pledge: $389 ($60 off MRSP $449)

Maybe cheaper as we are not part of the EU?

Thank you very much and BR.
For some strange reason shipping + tax is almost the same for Switzerland as it is for countries in the EU.
For Mjolnir S it is around 83$, so I think Mjolnir R + Panels will be around 100$.

keepcoding

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 16, 2019
blog.keepcoding.ch
So now that we won't get a unibody case, how solid (torsionally rigid) is the case actually? Will it survive a drop from 1m without splitting in pieces?

How are the individual elements kept together? Glue? Bolts alone without anything to lock them in place won't do it I fear.