• RGB Version (No controller) - 319 USD

Votes: 63 9.7%
  • RGB Version (With controller) - 349 USD

Votes: 104 16.0%

• Total voters

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
So we will only get the reviews on the 26th? Why? That will leave us little time to decide whether we want to order...
backing a kickstarter =/= ordering, this is an incredibly important distinction. Furthermore you have a long time until the kickstarter is locked and you can cancel the pledge at any time prior to lock down.

Reactions: Allhopeforhumanity

keepcoding

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 16, 2019
blog.keepcoding.ch
backing a kickstarter =/= ordering, this is an incredibly important distinction. Furthermore you have a long time until the kickstarter is locked and you can cancel the pledge at any time prior to lock down.
Well if you say so, for the end user it is the exact same thing if the goal is reached, which can be taken for granted at this point.

Among the ones who order within the first hour, one Mjolnir will be given away. Don't want to miss out on this, that is if the reviews are positive.

Reactions: Shinken1

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Well if you say so, for the end user it is the exact same thing if the goal is reached, which can be taken for granted at this point.

Among the ones who order within the first hour, one Mjolnir will be given away. Don't want to miss out on this, that is if the reviews are positive.

I’m quite certain that it’s possible to cancel a pledge as long as the campaign is open (30 days). So even if the goal is reached nothing is locked in :)

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019
Sorry, so just to confirm the case no longer supports 240 AIOs with 1 fan? or is it just the LT240 that won't fit?
I think the Silverstone Tundra TD02-SLIM was the only 240 AIO that fit with no fan under the motherboard. It probably will still fit, but it is no longer recommended since a 240 rad with only one fan is apparently bad for thermals.

Edit: You can read about it on page 36 (Post #707)

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Sorry, so just to confirm the case no longer supports 240 AIOs with 1 fan? or is it just the LT240 that won't fit?
I think the Silverstone Tundra TD02-SLIM was the only 240 AIO that fit with no fan under the motherboard. It probably will still fit, but it is no longer recommended since a 240 rad with only one fan is apparently bad for thermals.

Edit: You can read about it on page 36 (Post #707)

Have to test those thermals. The tundra TD02-slim will fit (with one fan as you said). Will try to order one tomorrow :)

However, it’s good to have a fan that can cool of the VRMs. The 15mm Noctua fan below the MOBO improved those temps over 20° as I remember. So I would probably stick with 120mm AIO + 120x25 fan & 120x15 fan below the MOBO. What do you think?

Last edited:

flukey

Case Bender
Nov 8, 2019
Exactly how much space is below the motherboard in it's most roomy orientation? I am interested in putting a mini-DTX mobo in the case (maybe with a bit of slight tinkering).

The motherboard and dimensions in question:

it seems like there may just about be enough space to squeeze this lovely board in!

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
Exactly how much space is below the motherboard in it's most roomy orientation? I am interested in putting a mini-DTX mobo in the case (maybe with a bit of slight tinkering).

The motherboard and dimensions in question:

it seems like there may just about be enough space to squeeze this lovely board in!
I don't believe that mobo will fit based on the given limitations.

The board is a full 33mm larger than a standard mITX mobo. We know that a 23mm RAD is supported below a mITX mobo, but that a 25mm RAD or fan is not so we can assume the margins are very tight. There will be a few mm extra from not being over the fan mount rails (depending on how thick those are) and maybe another mm or two of 'designed slop' for sliding parts together, but IMO it's a safe bet the case is still a solid 5mm shy of fitting a mDTX board.

Firstly it will definitely not fit, the 23 mm "below" the motherboard is actually above the motherboard since the board is mounted to have the I/O shield to the right as you look at the board. The clearance for the riser cable section is minimal

Secondly the Impact has no on board M.2 as it relies on the stupid riser card that won't fit into the chassis either and so you have to bulk up the build with conventional 2.5".

flukey

Case Bender
Nov 8, 2019
Firstly it will definitely not fit, the 23 mm "below" the motherboard is actually above the motherboard since the board is mounted to have the I/O shield to the right as you look at the board. The clearance for the riser cable section is minimal

Secondly the Impact has no on board M.2 as it relies on the stupid riser card that won't fit into the chassis either and so you have to bulk up the build with conventional 2.5".

thanks for the answer, I was hoping to use a SO-DIMM flex riser to mount the add-on board at an angle or something like that and use a 120mm AIO. I was thinking that inverting the internal bit of the case would solve this problem, but maybe not.

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
thanks for the answer, I was hoping to use a SO-DIMM flex riser to mount the add-on board at an angle or something like that and use a 120mm AIO. I was thinking that inverting the internal bit of the case would solve this problem, but maybe not.
Inverting the core applies to all internal components including the AIO/fan mount region, therefore there the gap is always on the VRM side of the motherboard and never on the PCIe side. Even if it did, as mentioned above there is still no space anyway.

wolfatpno

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 8, 2018
//Alex

I know the ssd thickness is 6.8~ 7.5 mm.

Mjolnir can mount 2 2.5" ssd.

Is it possible mount on Front the 15mm thickness 5tb 2.5" Hdd from seagate?

Reactions: AlexTzone

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Heey guys!

The first review unit has arrived safely! Here's a quick pic of MJOLNIR + Noctuas new NH-L9i in Chromax black ?

And here's one with Corsair H55:

Those Phillips Hue LED strips actually do a pretty good job of lighting the scene!

Best,
Alex

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
@AlexTzone seems to be busier probably finishing off the kickstarter campaign. However with less than 2 weeks until the kickstarter launch I do worry about the fact that the website not being up to date or up-front about the fairly big design changes. I hope that there will not be people confused about conflicting information about what to expect out. I also hope that all Youtubers have been notified that the multi-part chassis is going to be representative of the final product - I.e. It would be SUPER bad if a reviewer says "this is only a prototype, the final chassis will be a cast unibody design". We have also seen on the forum here that there is decent confusion as to whether side panels can be ordered individually (you can't) and I do hope that the campaign makes this abundantly clear.

Since there will be hopefully a good number of people from the previous campaign coming over for the new campaign I do believe it is paramount importance that the difference between now and then are made extra clear to make sure people know what they are getting. There will be huge confusion and disappointment if the changes such as non-unibody are not communicated effectively to those that aren't on this thread.

To draw a parallel, in the PeakDesign Travel Tripod campaign, there was recently a very major change. They decided to change the center column of the carbon fiber tripod to aluminium. This was met with suitable eyebrow raises as now the people who ordered a carbon fiber tripod were not going to be getting a fully carbon fiber tripod (the legs are still carbon fiber). However, this was for the best since the stability of the tripod was significantly better with an aluminium center column, and the team made the changes very clear as well as hosting a Youtube video discussing the reasons for changing it. I am actually affected by this and admittedly was quite annoyed about it until I saw their detailed posts and videos explaining their decision.

Kickstarter Update
Youtube Video

The move from the unibody cast to the CNCed multi-part design choice that was made here recently is a change of a similar magnitude and effect. A large part of what the case is (mentioned in the first couple of lines on the homepage) is now not was it was, similar to how a carbon fiber tripod not being a fully carbon fiber tripod. But at least anybody with two brain cells can see that the CNCed chassis is much better in quality, so this should be proudly proclaimed. The only thing it really raises is why it wasn't obvious to us that the cast chassis looked so crap before (maybe low res photos?)

There were certainly a few people that were upset and cancelled their tripods, but most were understanding and appreciative of the honesty as well as the boldness of the company to go back on their "word" (of making a carbon fiber tripod) in order to deliver a product that is objectively better. If however PeakDesign handled the change very silently, I think many more people would have been angry about this and I hope that this will be avoided by Thorzone.

I hope Alex and the team can make the campaign a success at the same time as being transparent to the changes made, especially since there is no reason to hide changes since the end product is much better with the changes implemented. The only thing is to be brave enough to fight the users that just want a "unibody" because they want an "unibody" no matter if the end product looks crap.

Reactions: Van0 and AlexTzone

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
@AlexTzone seems to be busier probably finishing off the kickstarter campaign. However with less than 2 weeks until the kickstarter launch I do worry about the fact that the website not being up to date or up-front about the fairly big design changes. I hope that there will not be people confused about conflicting information about what to expect out. I also hope that all Youtubers have been notified that the multi-part chassis is going to be representative of the final product - I.e. It would be SUPER bad if a reviewer says "this is only a prototype, the final chassis will be a cast unibody design". We have also seen on the forum here that there is decent confusion as to whether side panels can be ordered individually (you can't) and I do hope that the campaign makes this abundantly clear.

Since there will be hopefully a good number of people from the previous campaign coming over for the new campaign I do believe it is paramount importance that the difference between now and then are made extra clear to make sure people know what they are getting. There will be huge confusion and disappointment if the changes such as non-unibody are not communicated effectively to those that aren't on this thread.

To draw a parallel, in the PeakDesign Travel Tripod campaign, there was recently a very major change. They decided to change the center column of the carbon fiber tripod to aluminium. This was met with suitable eyebrow raises as now the people who ordered a carbon fiber tripod were not going to be getting a fully carbon fiber tripod (the legs are still carbon fiber). However, this was for the best since the stability of the tripod was significantly better with an aluminium center column, and the team made the changes very clear as well as hosting a Youtube video discussing the reasons for changing it. I am actually affected by this and admittedly was quite annoyed about it until I saw their detailed posts and videos explaining their decision.

Kickstarter Update
Youtube Video

The move from the unibody cast to the CNCed multi-part design choice that was made here recently is a change of a similar magnitude and effect. A large part of what the case is (mentioned in the first couple of lines on the homepage) is now not was it was, similar to how a carbon fiber tripod not being a fully carbon fiber tripod. But at least anybody with two brain cells can see that the CNCed chassis is much better in quality, so this should be proudly proclaimed. The only thing it really raises is why it wasn't obvious to us that the cast chassis looked so crap before (maybe low res photos?)

There were certainly a few people that were upset and cancelled their tripods, but most were understanding and appreciative of the honesty as well as the boldness of the company to go back on their "word" (of making a carbon fiber tripod) in order to deliver a product that is objectively better. If however PeakDesign handled the change very silently, I think many more people would have been angry about this and I hope that this will be avoided by Thorzone.

I hope Alex and the team can make the campaign a success at the same time as being transparent to the changes made, especially since there is no reason to hide changes since the end product is much better with the changes implemented. The only thing is to be brave enough to fight the users that just want a "unibody" because they want an "unibody" no matter if the end product looks crap.

Yeah it's something we're updating ASAP. Have to send in the campaign for review on Monday next week, so once that's done it's all website/info update time. But before Monday we have to finish more pics, the new trailer/story video and the 3 build tutorials. Working full horse to get it done. Also, I'll update everyone about this significant change in our upcoming launch email :)