• RGB Version (No controller) - 319 USD

Votes: 63 9.7%
  • RGB Version (With controller) - 349 USD

Votes: 104 16.0%

• Total voters

Vilmir

Trash Compacter
Jul 23, 2019
I'll give my personal opinion: Size is as important as weight for me as I move around my SFF in my house and I travel with it in a backpack.
I understand that the choice of materials are important in this project and they explain the very big difference in weight with the A4, but that's a deal breaker for me.

I now wonder what is the proportion of SFF owners that really move the case around.

Reactions: AlexTzone

Rjk1617

Trash Compacter
Jul 19, 2018
I, for one, probably prefer the higher 3.9kg weight with the panels. The thiccness and the weight are what get me off, really. I can't believe it weighs as much as the circle pro case, but uses thinner cnc panels and structure! Is it really 3.9kg?

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
I'll give my personal opinion: Size is as important as weight for me as I move around my SFF in my house and I travel with it in a backpack.
I understand that the choice of materials are important in this project and they explain the very big difference in weight with the A4, but that's a deal breaker for me.

I now wonder what is the proportion of SFF owners that really move the case around.

I, for one, probably prefer the higher 3.9kg weight with the panels. The thiccness and the weight are what get me off, really. I can't believe it weighs as much as the circle pro case, but uses thinner cnc panels and structure! Is it really 3.9kg?

We're waiting for the cases to be anodized before doing the final weigh in, as of right now it looks like we'll be in the 3.0 - 3.9kg interval. MJOLNIR is one solid beast, no doubt about it, I don't think Thor would appreciate it if it was made out of sheet metal ?

@AlexTzone

Any idea on the cost of the case yet?

Need to work it out because I hate credit card and don't want to miss it out when it's sold out.
@danny.nguyen first page has the price.
I did but different from kickstarter.

It's 299 for Standard Edition and 349 for RGB Edition. If you live in the EU the prices will be increased by 25% due to VAT, really sorry but it's not under our control ?

Vilmir

Trash Compacter
Jul 23, 2019
I'll keep an eye on the project anyway. Your design looks great and the name choice is appealing (I named my first nice car Mjöllnir, it was a BMW Z4)
Have you seen the nice Mjollnirmod a user did on pcpartpicker? I cannot find it back.

danny.nguyen

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 19, 2018
We're waiting for the cases to be anodized before doing the final weigh in, as of right now it looks like we'll be in the 3.0 - 3.9kg interval. MJOLNIR is one solid beast, no doubt about it, I don't think Thor would appreciate it if it was made out of sheet metal ?

It's 299 for Standard Edition and 349 for RGB Edition. If you live in the EU the prices will be increased by 25% due to VAT, really sorry but it's not under our control ?

I like 299 better because I don't like RBG! and I am from Australia. Ready to buy whatever it is ready.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
I'll keep an eye on the project anyway. Your design looks great and the name choice is appealing (I named my first nice car Mjöllnir, it was a BMW Z4)
Have you seen the nice Mjollnirmod a user did on pcpartpicker? I cannot find it back.

Great! That's a really nice car man ? Do you mean the mod that actually looked like the hammer? I saw something like that on Instagram, absolutely insane!

I like 299 better because I don't like RBG! and I am from Australia. Ready to buy whatever it is ready.

Awesome, the tax will NOT apply to you so it's gonna be 299 for the case! ?

Reactions: danny.nguyen

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Hey guys!

The parts have arrived at the anno-shop now ? They will start working on them straight away, shouldn't take more than a couple of days to finish. Note: the color will be black this time around, but this is only for the prototypes.

Vilmir

Trash Compacter
Jul 23, 2019
Great! That's a really nice car man ? Do you mean the mod that actually looked like the hammer? I saw something like that on Instagram, absolutely insane!

Awesome, the tax will NOT apply to you so it's gonna be 299 for the case! ?
I tried to find the mod again on pcpartpicker with no luck. The creator sticked this Mjolnir lamp on the front of a white H200i and it looked quite funny.

• Love

JohnCA

Average Stuffer
Dec 2, 2018
May I ask how you are going to produce the final units?
The reason is that I think the way u r working (using multiple manufacturers for different case parts) will be totally unpractical and expensive for a mass order, so I'm afraid it will take long for u to figure things out and ship...
I may be wrong, but you should find a single good manufacturer to produce and anodize all the parts, before you start selling it.

Last edited:

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
May I ask how you are going to produce the final units?
The reason is that I think the way u r working (using multiple manufacturers for different case parts) will be totally unpractical and expensive for a mass order, so I'm afraid it will take long for u to figure things out and ship...
I may be wrong, but you should find a single good manufacturer to produce and anodize all the parts, before you start selling it.

No worries, we're not working that way, only for the prototypes ? The final units will be produced largely with the same manufacturer :thumb: TG panels will be made by another company for example, but its still located in the same city so the transfer should be of minor concern.

Reactions: JohnCA

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
No worries, we're not working that way, only for the prototypes ? The final units will be produced largely with the same manufacturer :thumb: (TG panels will be made by another company for example, but its still located in the same city so the transfer should be of minor concern.)

Are reviewers going to get all types of panels or just the aluminium ones?

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Minor update: the anno-guy told me they need 1 week +- 2 days to bead blast & anodize all parts.

This guy misses his enclosure, but once it's ready & anodized he won't mind the wait.

Last edited:

pigsaypig

What's an ITX?
Aug 23, 2019
Hi, I really like your case, I was thinking about building an itx later in October but I dont think the case would be ready to be shipped by that time.
Just have a question, where's the start button on the case? maybe I couldnt see it or I missed it on the picture cuz I dont see any IO panel on it

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Hi, I really like your case, I was thinking about building an itx later in October but I dont think the case would be ready to be shipped by that time.
Just have a question, where's the start button on the case? maybe I couldnt see it or I missed it on the picture cuz I dont see any IO panel on it

The case is turned on telepathically! (Hoho actually no, there is a discrete power button on the back)

Last edited:
Reactions: pigsaypig

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Is there a timeline yet for Kickstarter campaign?
I hope it will be ready in early November.

The anodizing is almost finished, 1-2 days more. Then its
  • 1 weeks of shipping
  • [...] time in customs
  • 2 weeks to ship out to Youtubers
  • 1 week for a review
  • 2 weeks til campaign
This is the current schedule