Votes: 63 9.7%
  • RGB Version (With controller) - 349 USD

Votes: 104 16.0%

• Total voters

turboleak

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 8, 2019
the new shortened version I will test ( vs the original sized one):

I think it can be even shorter than this. In fact I think a very minimal L will work, so as long as the vertice is thick enough.

kuj0

Trash Compacter
Jul 11, 2023
I've printed and tested a version that has a thicker side bracket and where that side bracket is cut shot to remove the part bellow the first row of screws.
This version does not sag and works very well mechanically. Also the face of the screw holes is flat.
I am printing a new moded version whose top part ( the one with the two big holes ) is significantly shorter. It doesn't have to be that big I think. Will test it and comment.

@AlexTzone

- The original part you designed does not work well with pastic, as the vertice takes all the load and the piece starts bending outwards at the vertice.
- most of the side bracket can be removed as it does not play any mechanical function. All the mechanical load from holding the PSU straight is taken from the top screws up. So, from a space saving point of view, it can be removed.
- I also think the top bracket can be shortened alot. I am testing this.

- I still have no idea how the bracket secures to the case. :)

Hopefully you can redesign the bracket with these findings in mind. :)
These are great details! Thanks for testing and iterating @turboleak - hoping that the next version works well and I'm dying to find out how this bracket is intended to mount to the case 🤣

Reactions: turboleak

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
I've printed and tested a version that has a thicker side bracket and where that side bracket is cut shot to remove the part bellow the first row of screws.
This version does not sag and works very well mechanically. Also the face of the screw holes is flat.
I am printing a new moded version whose top part ( the one with the two big holes ) is significantly shorter. It doesn't have to be that big I think. Will test it and comment.

@AlexTzone

- The original part you designed does not work well with pastic, as the vertice takes all the load and the piece starts bending outwards at the vertice.
- most of the side bracket can be removed as it does not play any mechanical function. All the mechanical load from holding the PSU straight is taken from the top screws up. So, from a space saving point of view, it can be removed.
- I also think the top bracket can be shortened alot. I am testing this.

- I still have no idea how the bracket secures to the case. :)

Hopefully you can redesign the bracket with these findings in mind. :)

NICE!! Once you have something you like you can let me know the dimensions and I'll adjust our model and upload it :) My only concern with this design is that the PSU screws we include are 11.11mm long, so if the bracket is very thick the screws many not reach the PSU.

As for how to secure it to the case, I'm thinking a "slide on" style mounting like in your first pic, the PSU bars are 8mm thick, so if we have something like 7.9mm plastic bit it should be snug?

Edit: also good to point out, the screws are countersunk, so it's 11.11mm total (0.4375 in). The screw head is 1.9mm high, so this may matter if they are not used with countersunk screw holes.

Reactions: turboleak

turboleak

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 8, 2019
I think if the hole is 7.90mm and the bars 8mm, the bars will not fit the hole!
Regarding the screws I think the holes can made so that the head of the hole enters the piece ( not sure how to express this in english ), but basically the face where the screw sits can be inside the bracket such that the screw is able to reach the PSU.
Will also try this taking into consideration the 11.11mm screw size. Is that size the whose screw including the head?

edit: just read your edit. do you have a pic of the 11.11 mm screw that you can post?