Discussion Kingdel NC980 - 4.2L i7-7820HK + GTX 1650 for $460

Runamok81

Runner of Moks
Original poster
Jul 27, 2015
troywitthoeft.com
Seems like a nice package. An earlier model i7 and GTX 1650 in 4.2L

Notebook check has an article.

Anybody have any experience with Kingdel?

Last edited:

chx

Master of Cramming
May 18, 2016
I find the Kingdel really interesting because of the fan arrangements -- no blowers. So that Topton is much less interesting.

I usually buy fanless mini PCs off Aliexpress, they employ U chips and are quite cheap.

Last edited:
Reactions: thewizzard1

CARC Mini

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 5, 2018
Is Topton in your link the same manufacturer as Kingdel, or just pointing out other SFF aliexpress gaming pcs ?

there is no such thing as a " Kingdel " system, as they're just a vendor on aliexpress, & all vendors there sell the same items.

Kingdel or Topton are not manufacturers.

when i bought a version of the computer linked above, it was from Kingdel's store on aliexpress, but Topton & many other vendors, also sold it at that time.

i've owned several of them, & my info is very accurate that they're near impossible to open up, and remove parts from.

thewizzard1

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 27, 2017
I most certainly like the aesthetic and design of the Kingdel version, over the unbranded 1/2 height Mini-PC.

Also, optical audio output? Pinch me.

CARC Mini

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 5, 2018
I most certainly like the aesthetic and design of the Kingdel version, over the unbranded 1/2 height Mini-PC.

Also, optical audio output? Pinch me.

i agree, but the trade-off is an old 7th Gen CPU.

other Kingdel or aliexpress systems have 9th Gen or 10th Gen CPUs.

chx

Master of Cramming
May 18, 2016
i agree, but the trade-off is an old 7th Gen CPU.

other Kingdel or aliexpress systems have 9th Gen or 10th Gen CPUs.

Four Skylake cores are four Skylake cores, no matter how many different names are you selling it under, it is still a Skylake core. Generations are only relevant really to U where 8th gen over 7th got four cores and a 20-25% boost and when some H families went from quad cores to hex cores but that's about it.

Due to the two additional cores, performance has increased by almost 50% compared to a similar clocked Kaby Lake processor like the Core i7-7820HQ (2.9 - 3.9 GHz). Single-core performance has not improved since its Kaby Lake predecessor.

Emphasis mine.

Last edited:

CARC Mini

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 5, 2018
Four Skylake cores are four Skylake cores, no matter how many different names are you selling it under, it is still a Skylake core. Generations are only relevant really to U where 8th gen over 7th got four cores and a 20-25% boost and when some H families went from quad cores to hex cores but that's about it.

Emphasis mine.

do you know about this ? - https://smallformfactor.net/forum/t...s-5x5-board-with-flat-sodimms-and-3xm-2.9622/

its newest version has a Core i7 processor, which is 10th Gen.