Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

Pat-Roner

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 18, 2016
Okay, I ran into a small issue with my Ceberus, I had a H110i which is 280mm and technically the matx case fits a two 140mm fans in the bottom, The issue I ran into was the screws are rounded and poke out by 3mm and wasnt able to screw the legs back on, So i ended up buying some #6-32 x 1-1/4" machine screws, and was able to get the legs back on, Is it possible for the leg screws to be a little longer since they are attached to the case???? either way I mounted the H110i! add it to the compatibility list :)

Why not just drill a small indentation where the screw hits the feet?

Crysilus

Caliper Novice
Nov 7, 2017
Okay, I ran into a small issue with my Ceberus, I had a H110i which is 280mm and technically the matx case fits a two 140mm fans in the bottom, The issue I ran into was the screws are rounded and poke out by 3mm and wasnt able to screw the legs back on, So i ended up buying some #6-32 x 1-1/4" machine screws, and was able to get the legs back on, Is it possible for the leg screws to be a little longer since they are attached to the case???? either way I mounted the H110i! add it to the compatibility list :)
You could also probably use some washers to space the feet from the case.

Reactions: Biowarejak

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
looking into the size of the Noctua U9 TR4 cooler and kinda figured out there's no space for a slim fan above it on the side bracket
No sure positive pressuring the crap out of it would help at this point ._. or settle with an AIO with a smaller asetek coldplate

Also wondering if Noctua would do a TR4 version of the C14S

Reactions: Biowarejak

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
looking into the size of the Noctua U9 TR4 cooler and kinda figured out there's no space for a slim fan above it on the side bracket
No sure positive pressuring the crap out of it would help at this point ._. or settle with an AIO with a smaller asetek coldplate

Also wondering if Noctua would do a TR4 version of the C14S
Well, you should be able to put a 15mm fan on top of u9s.
U9S is 125mm height and cerberus is capable to host noctua c14s that is 142mm with fan on top...so it should work..:)

Reactions: VegetableStu

minhbao92

Caliper Novice
Dec 19, 2017
Do we have a list of compatible AIO cooler supporting AM4 with ATX PSU mounted? I have tried both ThermalTake and X52 Kraken, none working...

Thanks.

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Do we have a list of compatible AIO cooler supporting AM4 with ATX PSU mounted? I have tried both ThermalTake and X52 Kraken, none working...

Thanks.

Can you post pictures of why it's not fitting? We can come up with a bracket for mounting ATX to make it work, seems to be a lot of AIO incompatibilities.

Reactions: minhbao92

minhbao92

Caliper Novice
Dec 19, 2017
I remember people have been discussing about X52 before because the pump is too tall that it takes up the space for mounting the PSU.I was estimating with the Thermaltake Floe AIO Riing RGB 240 TT Premium Edition and there seems to be the same issue. I will post photos tomorrow after coming back home and install it myself. Using AM4 is worse because the processor is pushed a bit higher from the motherboard than Intel (correct me if I am wrong), making room clearance for cooler a tad shorter.

Reactions: KSliger

FoskcoRS5

Designated LMG
Jan 31, 2017
The H100i V1 works because of the way the hoses protrude on the side of the pump. I was able to get the H100i V2 to work with an ATX PSU but the hoses put more pressure on the back of the PSU than I was comfortable with (Contorted the rear bracket a little). My tests have been with Intel processors.

I'm interested to see the pictures and how much pressure the hose puts on the PSU.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Issue with aio and atx psu is mainly pump height and hoses position.
Taller pumps are simply not working.

After @KSliger, could you design an atx (and sfx) bracket that maximises cpu cooler clearance, even removing side bracket?

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
To all that placed orders after 1/12 for cases please know we're slightly behind due to the hinge doors for the cases not fitting perfectly on most recent batch. (They fit, but it's risky the screws may strip out.)

Getting them remade and should be shipping all cases by Tuesday worst case! (Friday best case, part orders are shipping normally.)

Delay applies for both Cerberus and Cerberus X. Apologies on inconvenience for the delays, appreciate your understanding.

PM or email me with any questions. (Or anything in general, love hearing from you all!)

ksliger@sliger.com