Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

Joe89

Chassis Packer
Dec 25, 2017
Sfx-l psu best advantage over sfx is noise.
I never had any regrets to replace my sf600 to sx800lti.
Corsair sf psu are great with medium wattage in a cool environment...however when environment is becoming hot and load is reaching 75%, it’s pretty loud.
On top silverstone psu are provided with very smooth cables, best suited for sff.

Ps : i can’t see your photos @Joe89
If you right click on each picture and select "open image in a new tab", you should be able to see them.

bvolt3000

Minimal Tinkerer
Dec 23, 2017
Hey! So my Cerberus X showed up this week (yay!) but I can't seem to find the HDD/SSD brackets. Are they supposed to have come with the case or did I make a mistake by not ordering them?

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Hey! So my Cerberus X showed up this week (yay!) but I can't seem to find the HDD/SSD brackets. Are they supposed to have come with the case or did I make a mistake by not ordering them?

They need to be ordered separately, there are two spots to mount SSDs to the case. You can also mount HDD or SSD to just about anywhere on the venting pattern.

Shoot me you order # via PM I'll see what I can do!

Website with new options and ability to purchase individual parts is coming online tonight too. =] (no window, that's towards end of month)

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
They need to be ordered separately, there are two spots to mount SSDs to the case. You can also mount HDD or SSD to just about anywhere on the venting pattern.

Website with new options and ability to purchase individual parts is coming online tonight too. =] (no window, that's towards end of month)
End of month for window panel..i hope tg will be possible..:)

rifter

Caliper Novice
Oct 26, 2017

Ok, I still can't seem to use USPS for shipping; only fedex seems to show up, and $30 shipping for only a sfx psu bracket weighing 1.5lbs is a bit high... This is using the parts tab on the KIC10U page.

Cortsar

Efficiency Noob
Feb 22, 2017
Rookie question, my mobo measures 9.625 inches = 244.5 x 244.5. what are the chances that it will still fit? I know it states 244 x 244 but is that already a tight fit?

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Ok, I still can't seem to use USPS for shipping; only fedex seems to show up, and $30 shipping for only a sfx psu bracket weighing 1.5lbs is a bit high... This is using the parts tab on the KIC10U page.

That's crazy high, working on fixing. You should see a flat rate option shortly.

Rookie question, my mobo measures 9.625 inches = 244.5 x 244.5. what are the chances that it will still fit? I know it states 244 x 244 but is that already a tight fit?

Will fit, I updated the dimensions on website.

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015

Fixed it, should be able to ship via USPS for ~$8.00 to anywhere in US for all small low-weight items.

bvolt3000

Minimal Tinkerer
Dec 23, 2017

Ah I understand. I don't need my HDD bracket at the moment but may pick one up when the individual pieces become available for purchase. Thanks!

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Yay, handle is available, though I wish it had washers to tighten both ends.

Washers for between the handle and top panel? Is it sitting loose?

Ah I understand. I don't need my HDD bracket at the moment but may pick one up when the individual pieces become available for purchase. Thanks!

Check now, on Ceberus or Cerberus X page there's a tab to below the main picture labeled Parts"

Quick questions. Which of the screws am I supposed to use for the mainboard? Or any of the screws for that matter?

There should be ~30 of a shiny black dome head screw that's used for the motherboard, card slots, card slot cover.

I'll try and get a picture up on product page to show where the screws are all used

gunpalcyril

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 7, 2016
Washers for between the handle and top panel? Is it sitting loose?

Whoops, I didn't mean washers, but hex nuts. I just wanted the handle, and was hoping it had hex nuts so I can fasten it to my itx case (not cerberus) since the handle looks great. Does it come with hex nuts?

Johnny0971

Caliper Novice
Dec 19, 2017
Finally my build is done, I'm really happy with this PC, I got all the stuff I wanted into the case and temperatures are great. Thank you to the maker of the case, to @KSliger for superior support and patience, and @3lfk1ng for advice.

Here is imgur album;

Specs are;

Cerberus X case, Ryzen Threadripper 1950X, Enermax 240 TR4 AIO, Gigabyte X399 Designare EX mobo, 32GB DDR4 G.Skill Flare X 3200MHz, 1x WD Black 4TB, 3x Samsung 960 Evo M.2 NVMe drives, 2x Noctua 120mm Chromax fans in front of the case, Seasonic Focus Plus 850W Gold PSU, Sapphire RX Vega 64 Nitro+ graphics card.

I had to remove one of the mobo standoffs with a dremel because the motherboard did not have all the standard holes, if I would do it all over again I would go with the X399 Taichi motherboard just to save the standoff.

Everything fits perfectly, I had to use some force when I put the 3,5HDD in place with the screws and the hinge swing bracket, but it is all good now.

Going to put the chrome feet on when they arrive togheter with the cover plate on the back next to PCI-E slots, but they are small details : )

All in all, 10/10, extremely satisfied and most of all this case will last me a long time, the quality is amazing : )

Last edited:

FoskcoRS5

Designated LMG
Jan 31, 2017
Whoops, I didn't mean washers, but hex nuts. I just wanted the handle, and was hoping it had hex nuts so I can fasten it to my itx case (not cerberus) since the handle looks great. Does it come with hex nuts?

My pre-production unit didn't so I went to the hardware store and picked up Everbilt M4-0.7 x 25 mm Zinc-Plated Steel Socket Cap Recessed Hex Screw (93 cents for 3) which worked perfectly.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Finally my build is done, I'm really happy with this PC, I got all the stuff I wanted into the case and temperatures are great. Thank you to the maker of the case, to @KSliger for superior support and patience, and @3lfk1ng for advice.

Here is imgur album;

Specs are;

Cerberus X case, Ryzen Threadripper 1950X, Enermax 240 TR4 AIO, Gigabyte X399 Designare EX mobo, 32GB DDR4 G.Skill Flare X 3200MHz, 1x WD Black 4TB, 3x Samsung 960 Evo M.2 NVMe drives, 2x Noctua 120mm Chromax fans in front of the case, Seasonic Focus Plus 850W Gold PSU, Sapphire RX Vega 64 Nitro+ graphics card.

I had to remove one of the mobo standoffs with a dremel because the motherboard did not have all the standard holes, if I would do it all over again I would go with the X399 Taichi motherboard just to save the standoff.

Everything fits perfectly, I had to use some force when I put the 3,5HDD in place with the screws and the hinge swing bracket, but it is all good now.

Going to put the chrome feet on when they arrive togheter with the cover plate on the back next to PCI-E slots, but they are small details : )

All in all, 10/10, extremely satisfied and most of all this case will last me a long time, the quality is amazing : )
Cerberus-x red with black top is wonderful...:) i should have patented this color scheme lol...:)

Your setup is impressive...and globally cerberus-x is impressive..:)

What about noise of sapphire vega 64?

Johnny0971

Caliper Novice
Dec 19, 2017
Cerberus-x red with black top is wonderful...:) i should have patented this color scheme lol...:)

Your setup is impressive...and globally cerberus-x is impressive..:)

What about noise of sapphire vega 64?

Thank you, I'm very happy with it! : )

The noise levels are really good, the card is silent, I can't hear it over the AIO and case fans during hours of gaming.

Reactions: MarcParis

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Thank you, I'm very happy with it! : )

The noise levels are really good, the card is silent, I can't hear it over the AIO and case fans during hours of gaming.
Yes this sapphire vega 64 nitro was very well awarded, especially on power level...sapphire seems to have found a proper solution vs coil whine...:)

Reactions: Biowarejak