Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

Sancus

Trash Compacter
Nov 12, 2017
Yeah, I had the same leg/screw issue with my Fractal S24... fortunately it's a 240mm so I just moved it so the screws weren't underneath the legs. But it is unfortunate that the leg screws have almost no space for screw heads.

Reactions: Biowarejak

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Okay, I ran into a small issue with my Ceberus, I had a H110i which is 280mm and technically the matx case fits a two 140mm fans in the bottom, The issue I ran into was the screws are rounded and poke out by 3mm and wasnt able to screw the legs back on, So i ended up buying some #6-32 x 1-1/4" machine screws, and was able to get the legs back on, Is it possible for the leg screws to be a little longer since they are attached to the case???? either way I mounted the H110i! add it to the compatibility list :)
That’s one of the main reason why i keep recommanding 240mm radiator on the bottom of cerberus..:)

You could try to put your aio radiator on front panel and put psu on back.

urdmiz

Chassis Packer
Nov 15, 2017
That’s one of the main reason why i keep recommanding 240mm radiator on the bottom of cerberus..:)

You could try to put your aio radiator on front panel and put psu on back.

280 wont fit on the Cerberus only the X. I just didn't want to buy a new cooler lol

EdZ

Virtual Realist
May 11, 2015
Quick word of warning: if you're using the ASRock Z170 ITX Gaming (or any other board with the same socket placement), the NH-L9i with the heatpipe tips pointing up (bends pointing down) and the top bracket/handle, then the fit is extremely tight. It does fit, but lining up the heatsink mounting holes is difficult with the board mounted in the case, and mounting the board with the heatsink attached is not really possible.

Reactions: Phuncz

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Useless tip: Prolimatech Ultra Sleek Vortex 140mm x 15mm fits in the handle kit ! I basically didn't want to waste my NH-L12S' slim 120mm fan since I'm planning on using that cooler elsewhere. I guess the bracket could be adapted to fit slim 140mm fans with 120mm mounting holes. But how it is restricting now it's no upgrade over a 120mm fan.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Useless tip: Prolimatech Ultra Sleek Vortex 140mm x 15mm fits in the handle kit ! I basically didn't want to waste my NH-L12S' slim 120mm fan since I'm planning on using that cooler elsewhere. I guess the bracket could be adapted to fit slim 140mm fans with 120mm mounting holes. But how it is restricting now it's no upgrade over a 120mm fan.

Always useful to know.
It’s just this prolimatech is difficult to find. At leadt cryorig 140xt is still here..:)

flakes

Efficiency Noob
Dec 15, 2017
I wouldn't lie on a public forum. I'll do some stress tests and post results after I get some more time. I'm sort of worried about temperatures and tripping the power supply but we'll find out soon enough...

Hey chemist_slime, that's a crazy build. Could you share how well thermally is the case handling that amount of power? That's a mini microwave.

minhbao92

Caliper Novice
Dec 19, 2017
Too bad :( I just got a free mATX mobos from my friend for temporary build, and I got the Cerberus X instead for future upgrade. Do you know how many screws missing if we try to mount it?

Chann3l

Average Stuffer
Dec 15, 2017
Too bad :( I just got a free mATX mobos from my friend for temporary build, and I got the Cerberus X instead for future upgrade. Do you know how many screws missing if we try to mount it?

I think it's the bottom row, so 3 but I have the Cerberus not the x so might want to confirm that.

nemesis429

Caliper Novice
Aug 10, 2016
(ARMY GREEN HERE)

That looks awesome, I hope you'll be releasing this colour soon!

Have you guys looked at a UK Seller?

Also any ETA on the window panels?

Cheers!

Qrash

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 10, 2015
Can you suggest where I can get one of those? Thanks.

Below is the post I was referring to. It contains another link to a store that sells adhesive standoffs:

Gordian Solution for those lower three mATX-only mounting holes: Adhesive standoffs. Not elegant, but they're cheap enough that a handful can be thrown in with the case, and their only real purpose is the support the bottom of the board when inserting cards into the lower PCIe slots (ground plane linking accomplished by the other regular standoffs).