Kia Ora from New Zealand!

Hey space-saving enthusiasts! I’ve been largely a lurker on this and other forums for the last 6 years but am finally gonna try to contribute to discussions a bit more. :)

My main interest in SFF building is due to an interest in minimalism. Although full ATX builds can be presented very nicely and have amazing specs, I like the idea that a decently powerful PC can be hidden and transported with relative ease like a gaming console.

My experience with building has been the following:

Inwin A1 OG (22.7L) - Beautiful case with great air/water-cooled options but really let down by it’s space-wasting. I’m really not sure what they were thinking with the full sized PSU. However it did teach me how to plan with GPU/cooler geometry in mind. Cable management was also a dream.

Sliger Sm560 (11L) - Rushed build for a friend. Sandwich style cases are not for me (risers just make me nervous) but I was amazed how much space they can save! Loved the modularity and panel options. Very easy to build in - I felt spoiled after the A1’s predominantly fixed design.

Inwin Chopin OG (3.3L) - Another build for a friend. This is when I fell in love with SFFPC. Managed to get my hands on a cheap 3400g and I could not believe the performance per inch possible in this case. Cable management is awful but it was fun figuring out how to get the side panel back on.

Ncase M1 Classic (12.6L) - My endgame personal build. I love this case, I can’t complain about anything. Compatibility is amazing, access is amazing, performance is amazing. My only issue is not being able to secure an ODD top panel since I burn a lot of CDs for my car.

In the future I would like another tiny itx Inwin. EIther Bp656 or Bp655 as a dedicated ODD/HTPC/NAS to use in conjunction with my main build.

Can’t wait to learn and share with you all. :)

• Love
Reactions: confusis and Phuncz

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
Welcome to the forum !

Be sure to read up on the terms and rules of the forum. Mainly for buying and selling or other commercial activity on the forum as the access is limited and the rules are strictly enforced.

As a new user you're probably not able to edit posts or links just yet, so if a substantial error was made, click the Report-button in the post.

Hope to see you around, enjoy the wonderful world of SFF !

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Welcome aboard fellow Kiwi!

(For what it's worth, SFFn is a NZ based website now!)