Keyboard suggestions? 65% Wireless?

jetmanblack

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Oct 20, 2019
Hey guys, any input on a wireless small gaming keyboard? I'm looking for something mechanical and 65% layout. Any recommendations?

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
Hey guys, any input on a wireless small gaming keyboard? I'm looking for something mechanical and 65% layout. Any recommendations?

Edit: a quick one:
Budget?
Custom / ready to use?
Per key light?
Underglow light?
OK to solder?
Switch preference?

jetmanblack

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Oct 20, 2019
Edit: a quick one:
Budget?
Custom / ready to use?
Per key light?
Underglow light?
OK to solder?
Switch preference?

Thanks, I don't know that brand though, any good? There's no reviews on that listing. (Also unfortunately they don't ship to me)

Budget: $65 ish?
Ready
Not important
Not important
I can but, I'd rather not
Never had mechanical switches so I'm not sure.

Thanks again for your help, I'm kinda a newb at gaming keyboards.

thewizzard1

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 27, 2017
I'm very haopy with my CM keyboard, but they have a new model which is what you are looking for:

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
I'm very haopy with my CM keyboard, but they have a new model which is what you are looking for:

That is 60% layout though. 65% will have additional column on the far right.

jetmanblack

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Oct 20, 2019
Thanks for your help! I don't actually mind the 60% layout, I'd just prefer dedicated arrow keys. Wireless is a must, as it'll be used for both desktop and living room. That coolermaster is sick, but a bit pricey. I might swing for that in the future though. The velocifier one looks perfect tbh! So I'll probably pick that on up soon.

Reactions: ignsvn

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
If you're OK with 60% but need arrow.. How about this Dierya63:

Or if you want to buy specific kits..

Edit: it's not programmable tho, so kindly take note of the non-standard right SHIFT, as well as what you need to do to hit ? and / characters.

Reactions: Soul_Est

XiCynx

Cable Smoosher
New User
Sep 25, 2017
Another one I can think of is Keychron K6, but still pre-order I think. Check at https://www.keychron.com/products/keychron-k6-wireless-mechanical-keyboard

I received my Keytron K6 from Kickstarter about a week ago and I am in love with it. It looks so clean on my desk, the construction is astounding and while it is taking me a little bit to get used to the smaller layout, I can't see myself going back to a wired keyboard after this. The optical switches are amazing. I think eventually I'm just going to need to get a higher quality keycap set for it but the one it comes with is so aesthetically pleasing.

Reactions: ignsvn

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
I received my Keytron K6 from Kickstarter about a week ago and I am in love with it. It looks so clean on my desk, the construction is astounding and while it is taking me a little bit to get used to the smaller layout, I can't see myself going back to a wired keyboard after this. The optical switches are amazing. I think eventually I'm just going to need to get a higher quality keycap set for it but the one it comes with is so aesthetically pleasing.

Yeah a few of my friends are using the Keychron. Build quality is quite good.

Btw what's the after sales solution if your battery is spoiled and you need to change it?

Snizzmung

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
May 11, 2020
Check out the keychron k2. It's got the function keys so i suppose it would classify as 75%, but I think it looks sexy.

As for me, I still love the tenkeyless design. I cant quite get my head around buying a wireless mech that doesnt have the function keys staggered above the number keys. (Just as pet peeve).

I use the Velocifire tkl02ws as my daily use keyboard.

I'm not a big fan of rgb, so the soft white backlighting is a plus. Also the thing lasts me weeks before i need to charge.