Production k_ses: k3.93L

k0n

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Jul 3, 2019
@Madsox Thank you :)

The case being suited for all kinds of modifications was part of the idea. The base holds all cutouts and mounting points that are needed... the card can overhang or be triple slot (sky is the limit). The PSU can be a 250W GaN that fits nicely between card and board or be placed external to the base.

I thought of a wall mounted PC
...or just something flat that you can use as a shell and put the base in.

The current 3.93b (ul) and 3.93c I would sell you for 100€. No paint, no switch and no riser otherwise ready to be used.

When I order/plan a run anyone can raise a hand for anything extra. Just the base, just a cover, one extra cover or just the expansion...

Since you want to immediately mod it and only need the base a future run where I'll use steel might be better for you? It depends what you want it to do but the 3.93b (ul) doesn't hold any threads except for the 6 galvanized steel standoffs.

Reactions: Madsox

Madsox

Case Bender
New User
Mar 20, 2024
@Madsox Thank you :)

The case being suited for all kinds of modifications was part of the idea. The base holds all cutouts and mounting points that are needed... the card can overhang or be triple slot (sky is the limit). The PSU can be a 250W GaN that fits nicely between card and board or be placed external to the base.

I thought of a wall mounted PC ...or just something flat that you can use as a shell and put the base in.

The current 3.93b (ul) and 3.93c I would sell you for 100€. No paint, no switch and no riser otherwise ready to be used.

When I order/plan a run anyone can raise a hand for anything extra. Just the base, just a cover, one extra cover or just an expansion...

Since you want to immediately mod it and only need the base a future run where I'll use steel might be better for you? It depends what you want it to do but the 3.93b (ul) doesn't hold any threads except for the 6 galvanized steel
I would like to deploy the 500w GaN,I also would love the power Button (unless you’d prefer I ordered it later or elsewhere) so I don’t have to find a solution for it later.
I’m curious about the aluminium v. The steel. I would prefer whatever weighs the least.
just in case I wanted to know what you’re charging for the 5.93L, but beyond that if you think that the mounting for everything is strong enough I trust your opinion. I didn’t read into why the other person/people in the thread were worried about the resilience of the mounting points… thoughts?

P.s. I’m in the USA and would make the purchase of the straight away…

k0n

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Jul 3, 2019
I would like to deploy the 500w GaN,

The 500W GaN doesn't fit into the smallest 3.93L configuration, and the 5.12L expansion isn't available currently. I consider doing a 5.29L expansion next, which would allow for this 4070 Ti Super.

I also would love the power Button (unless you’d prefer I ordered it later or elsewhere) so I don’t have to find a solution for it later.

It's a regular 12mm. There is no need for it to go from China to Germany and then to the US :)

I’m curious about the aluminium v. The steel. I would prefer whatever weighs the least.

The steel is ~990g and the aluminum is ~510g.

just in case I wanted to know what you’re charging for the 5.93L, but beyond that if you think that the mounting for everything is strong enough I trust your opinion.

Both are strong enough for all components, but I wouldn't hang 10kg onto the aluminum version.

I didn’t read into why the other person/people in the thread were worried about the resilience of the mounting points… thoughts?

I don't know what you mean, but the 3D prints carrying the (brass) heat set inserts in the aluminum version are compatible with the steel version and are a backup plan if anyone should break the steel threads.

P.s. I’m in the USA and would make the purchase of the straight away…

PM/DM me. Shipping to the US would cost me ~50€.