J-Hack Pure X Ryzen 9 3900x build

GDX

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
New User
Apr 10, 2020
Hi everyone,

New to the community here. I'm contemplating a build in the J hack Pure X with the following components.

-Ryzen 9 3900x
-MSI GeForce GT 1030 ( passively cooled, single slot)
-Silverstone 350W FLEX PSU
-Gigabyte Aorus Pro AMD B450
-Corsair Vengence LPX DDR4-3200
-500GB Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2
-Noctua NH-L12S

Might be a little ambitious to make this work. Wondering if the PSU can really handle this. Also would like to see if i can fit in two 80mm fans in front of the GPU (not sure theres enough space). I have heard that the NH-L12S cooler can be forced into the case as well. Any thoughts?

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
I've got one and you can check my build in my signature. Also using the LPX ram and L12s cooler. You need to bend the cooler just a mm or 2 to get the lid to fit perfectly.

The 350w PSU should handle this no problem.

Looking at your GPU, nice looking heatsink. I think it looks thin enough that you could fit a pair of 15mm thick fans on the case (I like the coolermaster fans more than the noiseblocker fans). 10mm thick fans would definitely fit.

GDX

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
New User
Apr 10, 2020
Thinking of going with a single slot GT 1030 (eg. msi GT 1030 single slot one) since the headsink from the passive Gt 1030 takes up 2 slots. That way, I can fit 2x80mm (25mm thick) noctua fans in front. What do you think?

GDX

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
New User
Apr 10, 2020
Checked out your build, very cool. Actually how cool does it really run, regarding airflow? I will have a 3900x so might be running much hotter especially since my Silverstone 350W psu will occupy a lot more space. Also, I understand you had to squeeze in your L12S cooler, did you manage it fine in the end without damaging the cooler too much? I'm a little concern as well weather will be able to fit all the cables into the case from the silverstone PSU with so little space left over.

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
Checked out your build, very cool. Actually how cool does it really run, regarding airflow? I will have a 3900x so might be running much hotter especially since my Silverstone 350W psu will occupy a lot more space. Also, I understand you had to squeeze in your L12S cooler, did you manage it fine in the end without damaging the cooler too much? I'm a little concern as well weather will be able to fit all the cables into the case from the silverstone PSU with so little space left over.

I had some cooling numbers written down at some point, but don't know where they are at now. I do remember that my fans were not at max speed and the gpu and CPU were not thermal throttling so there was cooling overhead to go.

What you see in my album is how it is today. A little flex in the case lid, but not bad. I did not attempt to permanently bend the L12s heatpipes but just let the lid flex it a little.