Is this 250w psu enough for G4560 + 1050 Ti ?

ondert

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Apr 16, 2017
Hello sff folk,

I would like to build an sff system (might be within 2 to 3 months) for my girlfriend and want to make it small as possible while not breaking the wallet. It will not be a beast, will probably build it on Intel Pentium G4560 cpu and a single slot gpu.

Until now, I've searched many sff cases which can hold these under 5 litres. Just found out that flex atx cases seem the only choice. Btw, I want the psu inside, don't want to mess with pico psu and external power brick. At first, I liked Geeek A20 but want to get the smallest case and found Akasa Crypto X1. Although it seems that there is a single slot pci-e slot, Akasa told me it is not. Just a while ago, I heard a brand called Jou Jye for the first time. Their NU-0528i-B case might be the best choice for me.

It is just under 5 litres and there is a bundle version with 250w flex atx psu. Can this one handle the pentium cpu and 75watt gpu? It is rated 80+ bronze. Here are the specs;

edit: I made a quick psu calculation and it tells me this; https://outervision.com/b/beXstw

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2017
250W should be fine. There are smaller fully internal PSUs (I think HDPLEX has a two part solution). If I were you, I would not use the bundled PSU because bundled PSUs tend to be hazardous.

Reactions: ondert

ondert

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Apr 16, 2017
Yeah, I'm a bit suspicious about the psu but if the numbers are correct, this shouldn't be that bad, right? It is described as 80+ bronze. Also;

"The maximum combined load on +5V and +3.3V outputs shall not exceed 80W" --> It is estimated 45W

"The maximum continuous average DC outputs power shall not exceed 250W" --> It is estimated 221W @ %90 cpu tdp

"+12V total DC output power shall not exceed 225 W" --> It is estimated 176W

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
Just FYI.. looking at the pic, it's not Flex ATX PSU, but a TFX PSU. Often found in OEMs like Dell, Lenovo etc.

Example: https://seasonic.com/product/tfx-350/

The good part? Yes you can upgrade if you need higher wattage :)

Edit: somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: Biowarejak

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
Quality PSU from a quality brand, I don't really see an issue with your choice if you don't mind the slightly larger size.

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
This example should show the differences in shape & dimension. Top row are FlexATX PSUs, and bottom row are TFX PSUs.

Like what me & SenorDonut mentioned, the case you like (NU-0528i-B) uses TFX PSU.

(Nothing wrong with a case using either FlexATX or TFX PSUs. Both are readily available in the market. You can replace / upgrade if required)

Reactions: SeñorDonut

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
+1

Seems that they prepare the punch out so the case can use TFX PSU as well. To know which version you will get, better email the store first & ask before you purchase it.