Prototype Introducing the Romanum C1

Bean Nuts

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Mar 17, 2021
All right, it has been awhile since I first introduced my case (and company) concept, specifically for APUs. As most of you know, AMD have announced some powerful APU's with actual RDNA 2 CUs. This means that if you game at 1080p medium to low settings, you can finally have a small PC that doesn't take up nearly any space and is overall more power efficient then some laptops.

This case is still in it's beta version, which means if you have any suggestions, questions or concerns please comment them below, and I will answer when I can.

This case is under the my company (future) Romanum. No, the logo is not final, and this PC case is designed for the AsRock mini-stx board which removes the GPU (PCIE) slot from the motherboard giving you an overall more compact PC. The case measures 6.5in x 6.5in x 2.2in or 165mm x 165mm x 56mm. The case will come with its own internal 200w power supply and will cost only 100$.

The PC will get fresh air from the bottom of the case, and use the back for exhaust. The back is not shown in the included pictures. The power button is stationed on the back (If you don't want that comment below), and the whole chassis is CNC aluminum. The bottom of the case will be black so that when the PC case is placed on a surface, the shadow will blend in with the bottom and give the PC the impression that it is floating. (Similar to the mac mini)

There will be two versions of this case. A slim model and a thicker model, for those who want more thermal headroom.

Last edited:

Bumfezzler

Caliper Novice
Oct 23, 2021
I really like this. It has a very sleek and elegant look to it. Makes me think of a souped up mac mini.

The one thing I would change is remove the spartan logo. It takes away from the elegant look.

Bean Nuts

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Mar 17, 2021
I really like this. It has a very sleek and elegant look to it. Makes me think of a souped up mac mini.

The one thing I would change is remove the spartan logo. It takes away from the elegant look.
Yeah, the logo will be hidden. It will still be there, but it won't be shaded in or anything. It will be slightly smaller and engraved. Thanks for the feedback!

RenG

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 17, 2016
There was a similar project here but designed for itx boards. Though it looks like it is dead already. Hopefully yours won't.

Anyway, what is your plan in accessing the internals? Can't see any lid from your drawings.

Bean Nuts

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Mar 17, 2021
There was a similar project here but designed for itx boards. Though it looks like it is dead already. Hopefully yours won't.

Anyway, what is your plan in accessing the internals? Can't see any lid from your drawings.
So, the lid is actually at the bottom, so your access is like that. You take off that panel which is held down by 4 screws. Future renders will show this.