Inconsistencies in the WP integration

hrh_ginsterbusch

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Nov 18, 2021
wp-devil.com
Just been noticing this while browsing the Newsfeed / homepage: The WordPress integration seems to be partially broken.
Some articles allow comments, others tell you to "log in" first, but when you click on the login link, the systems you that you're "already logged in". And one still cannot make any comments.

Also, some articles, including the one about the merch shop having been relaunched, seem to have issues with URLs. Either its expected to auto-link URLs, and the system doesnt, or the author is clueless and thinks that it should (but WP doesn't - why would it? it's using HTML, not BBCode).

ps: on that note - WP is my main / daily job, so if you need help, just ask ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Arboreal and Phuncz

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Firstly, I'm not clueless, but thanks for the feedback.

Secondly, I sometimes forget to convert links for clickability. My bad!

The login issue you mention is due to the Xenforo <=> WP bridge - We've tweaked it recently (Comments on the WP side were turned off for a long while). I'll look into it when I have time - I just took over as a Store Manager at my day job (we're all volunteers/hobbyists here at SFFn) and am knocking out 50+ hours a week :|

Reactions: hrh_ginsterbusch

hrh_ginsterbusch

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Nov 18, 2021
wp-devil.com
Firstly, I'm not clueless, but thanks for the feedback.

Well, one never knows. One cannot be an expert in everything. Eg. I am particularly clueless when it comes to video editing or print design, albeit I'm still fascinated.
Also, not intended as an insult - I'm German, some words may "sound rude" while they aint (because direct translation) :)

Secondly, I sometimes forget to convert links for clickability. My bad!

The login issue you mention is due to the Xenforo <=> WP bridge - We've tweaked it recently (Comments on the WP side were turned off for a long while). I'll look into it when I have time - I just took over as a Store Manager at my day job (we're all volunteers/hobbyists here at SFFn) and am knocking out 50+ hours a week :|
Hence my suggestion to ask, if you need help :)
Getting completely different systems to somehow speak with each other, so that at best, the end user wont feel any difference, is part of my day job.

cu, w0lf.

Reactions: Arboreal and Phuncz