In-Win Chopin compatable CPU cooler/combations

LeDelmo

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Sep 6, 2018
I was hoping people could use this thread to post their results for known CPU coolers that will fit in the Chopin case. Or the combination of a cooler and fan.

For the In-win Chopin there seems to be two go to coolers.
The Noctua L9i / L9a and the Cryorig C7.

But, are there any other coolers that should be considered?

LeDelmo

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Sep 6, 2018
I wonder if the Dan HSLP-48 cooler will fit.
https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/dan-hslp-48-a-powerful-sub-50mm-heatsink.2387/

I think its also called the Alpenföhn Black Ridge. (Correct me if I am wrong)

LeDelmo

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Sep 6, 2018
Found another cooler option. Cryorig C7 Cu. Basically the exact same thing as the C7 only the heat-sink only made out of all copper. At $50 it's only a $20 premium over the normal C7 and gains 15% better cooling performance on top of the normal C7's already top preforming performance. (probably could have worded that better, but the words escape me atm.)

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod...VlojICh1N1gVOEAQYAiABEgLtM_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

I also wonder what the results would be to use a heat-sink like this but instead replace the fan with a large slim fan mounted directly on the inside of the mesh screen.

LeDelmo

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Sep 6, 2018
Well, the Cryorig C7 Cu is kinda throwing me for a loop. I was never really expecting it to be the claimed 15% better at cooling compared to the Normal C7. But, after looking at multiple reviews and comparisons. It seems the Cu model is actually .5-1 degree worse than the normal C7.

Considering Copper is so-post to be a better conductor of heat than Aluminum. This is very surprising to me.

If anyone might have a explanation for why this is. Please let me know.

Vlad502

Airflow Optimizer
Nov 4, 2017
IMO (maybe wrong somewhere):
When cooling surface is the same and thermal limit is reached, then Cu will cool better, because it has lower thermal resistance than Alu and absorb heat faster
When thermal load is low, Alu will be a bit cooler than Cu, because the higher thermal resistance and this results the lower temp

sage

Efficiency Noob
Sep 14, 2018
i love this case so much, does anyone know if a Ryzen 5 1600 would fit in it along with a 1050ti GPU?

LeDelmo

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Sep 6, 2018
So, this is what I have found. (Though, correct me if I am wrong.)

It looks like the all copper Heat-sinks are really good heat conductors. But, they aren't as good at dissipating that heat into the air as Aluminum.

So, if that's true than the ideal Heat-sink for CPU's would be copper base plate with copper pipes and Aluminum fines to dissipate the heat faster.

Someone also brought up in one of the threads, the idea of a chart that shows how quickly the CPU's are heating up and cooling down between stress tests between the Aluminum C7 and Copper C7. But, it doesn't look like anyone has collected that data just yet.

Not too many good AM4 comparable heat-sinks out there unfortunately. As of now the two best are still the L9a and C7.

Hopefully, that HSLP-48 cooler can deliver to offer another good option.

The LP53 and Titan NC25/NC75 look interesting. Seems like the Titans are very much favored but require the fan to be replaced with a Noctua for best results. However, the Titans are listed as "Universal" coolers so I don't know how easy it would be to make them fit a AM4 mount. Let alone simply find one for sale in-stock.

Very little information of the LP53. I remember seeing some promising test results for it but not much else. Again, swapping the fan for this one to the Noctua is also recommended.

https://www.titan-cd.com/en/product...and-1.5U-Height-TDP-130W/TTC-NC25-Series.html

http://www.cooltek.de/en/cpu-cooler/lp53/128/lp53

LeDelmo

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Sep 6, 2018
BTW, I will only be posting about coolers that meet or exceed the performances of the L9a and C7. I am using those as a base line.

That way if anyone looking for a cooler for their Chopin comes on here. They will have a short list of the best options. Even ones that might not be as accessible/combinations.