SFF.Network Impactics DMono is a Passive Thin-ITX Chassis

Breathing life back into the Thin-ITX form factor is the Impactics DMono, designed for Gigabyte variants of Thin-ITX. This appears to be your typical Mac-Mini inspired Thin-ITX chassis, but with one twist - there are no fans! Built from a CNC aluminium baseplate and a 5mm thick extrusion for the sides, front and back, and supports 35W Intel 115x processors. The whole shebang weights in a 2.65 KG, not unexpected considering the sheer mass needed to absorb the wattage of the CPU. There are four variants, being a black and silver variant, and subvariants of these two which change the location of the power button. Thin mini ITX motherboards from GIGABYTE are supported.

See more here.

parlinone

Trash Compacter
Nov 3, 2017
Fantastic case! Too bad each case is only suitable for one particular motherboard. Upgrade and you need a new case.

If someone would make such a case with wider mini-ITX compatibility I would be all over it.

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
Breathing life back into the Thin-ITX form factor is the Impactics DMono, designed for Gigabyte variants of Thin-ITX. This appears to be your typical Mac-Mini inspired Thin-ITX chassis, but with one twist - there are no fans! Built from a CNC aluminium baseplate and a 5mm thick extrusion for the sides, front and back, and supports 35W Intel 115x processors. The whole shebang weights in a 2.65 KG, not unexpected considering the sheer mass needed to absorb the wattage of the CPU. There are four variants, being a black and silver variant, and subvariants of these two which change the location of the power button. Thin mini ITX motherboards from GIGABYTE are supported.

See more here.

Awesome ! Will keep an eye on this. My thin-ITX is currently in my old 32L mATX chassis, that I didn't change due to the lack of appealing thin-ITX cases.

Fantastic case! Too bad each case is only suitable for one particular motherboard. Upgrade and you need a new case.

If someone would make such a case with wider mini-ITX compatibility I would be all over it.

From the pics, it looks like the IO plate is removable. Hope it will support my Asus Q87T.

RenG

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 17, 2016
I'm interested in one as long as I can put an AMD ryzen inside. It's not worth it for Intel CPUs imo.

Mortis Angelus

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 22, 2017
Awesome! Really tempted by this. But the price is less so. I don't know with you guys, but imo it feels a tad overpriced. But I guess it is a low-volume product.

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
I wouldn't be because of the iGPU. Unless your intended purpose for it is without gaming.

A PC is capable of many thing outside of gaming, ya know (programming, CAD, digital painting, music creation, etc).

And even then, Intel iGPU is plenty enough for light 2D gaming, Minecraft or emulators.....

Last edited:

RenG

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 17, 2016
A PC is capable of many thing outside of gaming, ya know (programming, CAD, digital painting, music creation, etc).

And even then, Intel iGPU is plenty enough for light 2D gaming, Minecraft or emulators.....
That's why I said unless you don't game at all that it should be fine. Sure, intel iGPU is enough for the extremely light games, but seeing how ryzen performs, intel iGPU just doesn't make sense (relatively speaking).

warfreak131

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 30, 2017
Right now I'm working with Protocase to develop a thin mini itx chassis with a single low profile expansion slot. It's single bracket, but can probably accommodate double height cards like the MSI RX 550/460 or 1050 Ti.

It is designed more for non-gaming applications, like capture cards or sound cards. However, I am currently using a GT 1030 (30 W) on my TM ITX motherboard with no problem, and I've talked to people who've used 75 W cards from just the PCIe port on TM ITX boards with no problem, but YMMV.

With a bulk order (10+ units), we can probably get it down to <$60 per case. If anyone here is interested, let me know, I'll be posting it in the custom cases section in the coming weeks.

Last edited:
Reactions: jtd871

AMv8-1day

Cable-Tie Ninja
Feb 13, 2017
Bread and BBQ? :)

Apparently, AMD will release a low-powered ryzen CPUs which are rated 35W. I will consider this case as soon as it is supported.

So you think that AMD, a company known for being completely unable to compete in a lower wattage market, will be releasing a 35W, socketed CPU for a purely Intel lead motherboard platform that hasn't even been updated by Intel in 2 generations?
I would love for it to be not true, as I have been eyeing the Luna-Design DNK-H for quite a while, but no one has made a viable Thin Mini-ITX motherboard since Z/H/Q170.
Also, just FYI, Intel's 35W TDP standard and AMD's 35W TDP are not comparable. They are two different companies judging their CPU's by internal testing standards with no direct relation to some universal power or BTU standard.
That isn't more apparent than in their latest mobile Raven Ridge products that are basically lying about their wattage/heat envelope, getting around half the battery life of similarly rated Intel products.
Not to piss all over AMD, they are finally making some awesome products again, and possibly most importantly, forcing competition and innovation back into the market, but I wouldn't look to them to revolutionize the ultra-low wattage space just yet.

RenG

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 17, 2016
So you think that AMD, a company known for being completely unable to compete in a lower wattage market, will be releasing a 35W, socketed CPU for a purely Intel lead motherboard platform that hasn't even been updated by Intel in 2 generations?

It's not like I wished they will release a 35W CPU. I read that they will going to hence my statement of "I will consider this case as soon as it is supported". Clearly, I'm talking about motherboard manufacturers to create a compatible thin-itx mobo and Impactics for the appropriate backplate. It's not a question whether AMD will release a CPU or not. It is a question whether it can be installed in this particular cases.