Master of Cramming
Original poster
May 21, 2018
Reactions: Soul_Est

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
That's quite an impressive design. Really doubt it's going to cool 100W terribly well but will be really interested to see results.

wesbl

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 9, 2017
Just not enough mass, surface area. It'll be good for thin-ITX though. No point in comparing it the L9 or C7.

I'm not sure, look at the lp cpu cooler roundup in this forum, the scythe s950m beats the noctua l9i in every situation.

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
I'm not sure, look at the lp cpu cooler roundup in this forum, the scythe s950m beats the noctua l9i in every situation.

I see it edging out the L9, while loosing handily to the C7. So I guess it may edge the L9? But I highly doubt it.

Obviously, It won't match a 47mm cooler.

Reactions: wesbl

tnysff

Average Stuffer
Mar 27, 2019
Checking the specs of the IS-30, it has a footprint of 93x100. That 100 has called my attention. In the past I built some ATX systems and some mATX ones. I never run into a problem with cooler sizes. Now I am a novice in the ITX format and I wonder if the ITX specs dictate clearances around the CPU that would ensure all coolers designed for the format would fit. Will that 93x100mm work with all m-ITX boards ? Is there any way to know before hand?

Stevo_

Master of Cramming
Jul 2, 2015
Checking the specs of the IS-30, it has a footprint of 93x100. That 100 has called my attention. In the past I built some ATX systems and some mATX ones. I never run into a problem with cooler sizes. Now I am a novice in the ITX format and I wonder if the ITX specs dictate clearances around the CPU that would ensure all coolers designed for the format would fit. Will that 93x100mm work with all m-ITX boards ? Is there any way to know before hand?

I'm more worried about the VRM clearance in the 93mm side, looks real close to the IO shield side on my MSI B450 mobo, won't know for sure til I try it though

paylesspizzaman

Case Bender
Apr 22, 2019
I'm more worried about the VRM clearance in the 93mm side, looks real close to the IO shield side on my MSI B450 mobo, won't know for sure til I try it though
Would love to here if this worked out for you or not? I'm considering buying this cooler. I need to upgrade from an Asrock Q2900-itx board to an i3 8th gen and am super limited on space. Also, $25 sounds better to me than $40 for the noctua.

Last edited:

Stevo_

Master of Cramming
Jul 2, 2015
Would love to here if this worked out for you or not? I'm considering buying this cooler. I need to upgrade from an Asrock Q2900-itx board to an i3 8th gen and am super limited on space. Also, $25 sounds better to me than $40 for the noctua.

Should be this week

Stevo_

Master of Cramming
Jul 2, 2015

Not going to work on my MSI B450 mobo, there's 2 VRM components surrounding one hole, could not get lined up. I think the stock 2400g cooler will work without the shroud, at least it fits.

EDIT: It appears that the AMD adapters wre made with adjustability and length to fit previous AM3 96mm hole space, but this makes the adapter too long for the AM4 90mm space which has VRM components surrounding one hole. At best I could fit one end but not the other at the same time.

Last edited:

paylesspizzaman

Case Bender
Apr 22, 2019
Not going to work on my MSI B450 mobo, there's 2 VRM components surrounding one hole, could not get lined up. I think the stock 2400g cooler will work without the shroud, at least it fits.

EDIT: It appears that the AMD adapters wre made with adjustability and length to fit previous AM3 96mm hole space, but this makes the adapter too long for the AM4 90mm space which has VRM components surrounding one hole. At best I could fit one end but not the other at the same time.

So you have no way to test it then? Are you going to return it, or what's the plan.

Stevo_

Master of Cramming
Jul 2, 2015
So you have no way to test it then? Are you going to return it, or what's the plan.

Correct. I'll probably just sell it on here, got a bunch of stuff I'm getting ready to unload virtual garage sale.

The stock wraith stealth is a bit too tall even without the shroud, but I found this Evercool Titan fan same diameter and hole dimensions but 15mm that should bring it all home.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Titan-TFD-...411521?hash=item4d44a90d81:g:PhMAAOSwTdJXRTPC

tnysff

Average Stuffer
Mar 27, 2019

Stevo, wouldn't this be a problem with many ITX boards? From your experience, do you think it would also happen with the ASROCK B450?