i9 9900k + RTX 2070 Water Cooled

ianclowe4c

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Sep 26, 2018
Would a 240 or 280 radiator be enough to properly water cool both? I am thinking it is not quite enough. It might be enough just for the 9900k. Thoughts? Trying to plan a SFF build inside the NCASE M1 or perhaps the Chimera Industries Cerebus.

dorall

Trash Compacter
Oct 2, 2018
240mm is plenty, at least for 8700k was. Hmm, but isn't that cpu overkill for that gpu? watercooling 2070 seems odd too.. is it to make it cooler or to overclock?

Last edited:

Nanook

King of Cable Management
May 23, 2016
Would a 240 or 280 radiator be enough to properly water cool both? I am thinking it is not quite enough. It might be enough just for the 9900k. Thoughts? Trying to plan a SFF build inside the NCASE M1 or perhaps the Chimera Industries Cerebus.
Are you overclocking, or using MCE?
If you're building it in the M1, use only side radiator. 240mm may be ok, but coolant temps will be on the warm side. I do not recommend bottom+rear readiators in the M1 for these components.

ianclowe4c

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Sep 26, 2018
I will likely only use an AIO for the 9900K. I do not game too often but want to make sure that I am future proofed for a while. I will mainly be using the CPU the most in my workload. I will likely just get ASUS RTX 2070 Turbo so it will just exhaust out the back of the case. I am thinking of also using an M.2 riser cable to add 10GB network card in the bottom slot. Next to that would be an intake fan to help with the GPU.

My current setup is quite old but has been pretty good for me for a while.
i7 3770K
16GB RAM
512 SSD Samsung 840 Pro
R9 270X 4GB

I just want to thoughts on if the CPU will be fine running off of a 240 AIO.

ianclowe4c

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Sep 26, 2018
Are you overclocking, or using MCE?
If you're building it in the M1, use only side radiator. 240mm may be ok, but coolant temps will be on the warm side. I do not recommend bottom+rear radiators in the M1 for these components.

I might be doing a small overclock to all cores but nothing too major. I will likely only overclock till I get to temps that I am fine with and then just let it be stable. More important to me though is to keep it quiet.

Nanook

King of Cable Management
May 23, 2016
I might be doing a small overclock to all cores but nothing too major. I will likely only overclock till I get to temps that I am fine with and then just let it be stable. More important to me though is to keep it quiet.
It sounds to me you should be fine with a 240mm AIO.