• RGB Version (No controller) - 319 USD

Votes: 63 9.7%
  • RGB Version (With controller) - 349 USD

Votes: 104 16.0%

• Total voters

JDK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 25, 2018
Are you shipping from China to China, Singapur and Australia and from China via Sweden to the European countries or how are those vast differences possible? ?

Reactions: AlexTzone

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Are you shipping from China to China, Singapur and Australia and from China via Sweden to the European countries or how are those vast differences possible? ?

The vast difference are due to differences in VAT/Sales tax/duties between different countries (which are included in the shipping) & some countries are outside our sea freight reach (thus we have to use air shipping, which is much more expensive).

Last edited:
Reactions: JDK

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Sorry I don't get this extreme trouble with VAT/TAX since it is very easy:

TAX= For the most countries there is no tax for PC Parts furthermore this is up to the recipient not the shipper
VAT (there are two rules):

1) SWEDEN TO EU Country: the local VAT (sweden 25%) has to be payed. (so case price + shipping) *1,25 = total price
2) SWEDEB TO 3th PARTY COUNTRY (e.g. USA. Australia s.o): this is TAX free because the recipient has to pay VAT in his own country by collecting in local customs office. so case price + shipping = total price

How to handle it in Kickstarter
You can solve this by customize the shipping costs:
  • Reward price = Case price * 1,25.
  • Shipping costs for EU countries = Country shipping costs * 1,25.
  • Shipping costs for 3th Party countries = Country shipping costs - ((Case price * 1,25)-Case price)
This works very well and it is very fair. Only none EU countries like Norway or Switzerland will have a bad deal because the shipping costs is very low ~15€ and the removed case VAT is higher. But the shipping value can't be negative.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com

TAX= For the most countries there is no tax for PC Parts furthermore this is up to the recipient not the shipper

1) SWEDEN TO EU Country: the local VAT (sweden 25%) has to be payed. (so case price + shipping) *1,25 = total price
2) SWEDEB TO 3th PARTY COUNTRY (e.g. USA. Australia s.o): this is TAX free because the recipient has to pay VAT in his own country by collecting in local customs office. so case price + shipping = total price

How to handle it in Kickstarter
You can solve this by customize the shipping costs:
  • Reward price = Case price * 1,25.
  • Shipping costs for EU countries = Country shipping costs * 1,25.
  • Shipping costs for 3th Party countries = Country shipping costs - ((Case price * 1,25)-Case price)
This works very well and it is very fair. Only none EU countries like Norway or Switzerland will have a bad deal because the shipping costs is very low ~15€ and the removed case VAT is higher. But the shipping value can't be negative.

We will be paying all taxes in advance, so that the recipient doesn’t have to pay anything once he collects the case.

Everybody sees the same reward price (MJOLNIR S - $299). But shipping is custom for every country, accounting for the different duty rates (only Brazil has duties on PC parts of the countries we ship to) and sales tax/VAT.

I think this is the cleanest possible solution, since we don’t have to have duplicates of each rewards and shipping contains all additional costs that may befall the backers in their respective countries.

Edit: this is basically what Amazon does, if I go to Louqe Ghost S1 I see their standard price + Swedish import VAT inside of the shipping cost.

Last edited:

uber_shnitz

Average Stuffer
Oct 14, 2019
A bit of a weird question, but what would the fufillment time be like after the campaign?

Asking because I want to back it but my living situation might drastically change (as in shipping location) by end of this year/early next year so I'm wondering if it's possible to have it ship later when I'm moved or at least have some rough estimates so I can plan accordingly.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
A bit of a weird question, but what would the fufillment time be like after the campaign?

Asking because I want to back it but my living situation might drastically change (as in shipping location) by end of this year/early next year so I'm wondering if it's possible to have it ship later when I'm moved or at least have some rough estimates so I can plan accordingly.

We’re aiming at May 2020! :)

Reactions: DmanX

Sharknose

Average Stuffer
Jan 4, 2019
We have talked to Mods by Ben Q for snapping some awesome pics, so that front is definitely covered!
Did Mods by Ben Q get a chance to take some awesome pics?

Everything should be here 18:th of October at the latest, luckily all YouTube-related things are fixed so we should be able to send them out as soon as the final things arrive here.
Updates on the timeline to send to YouTubers for review?

The cases are now fully assembled, just have to wait for black screws and packaging before we packe'em up and send off to YouTube!
All good on the black screws and packaging? Anything else you are waiting on before sending the cases off for review?

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Did Mods by Ben Q get a chance to take some awesome pics?

Updates on the timeline to send to YouTubers for review?

All good on the black screws and packaging? Anything else you are waiting on before sending the cases off for review?

We rented a bunch of equipment to snap them pics, working on it as we speak. Ben is awesome, but I think the timeline is to tight and Youtubers will provide some great additional B-roll anyways :)

Everything is finished and I can send the cases next week, just trying to film them as much as possible before that (for our new trailer/build tutorials) since they look much better than our own prototype.

JDK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 25, 2018

Thanks for the explanation, but for people with no experience in selling and shipping to other countries it's just not common knowledge, I guess.
I, for one, got confused because here "SWEDEN TO EU Country: the local VAT (sweden 25%) has to be payed" applies, but Amazon.de makes me pay the Austrian VAT (20%) instead of the German one (19%).

Anyway, I don't want to distract from this amazing looking case anymore. I just wanted clarification for my confusion. ^^
Looking forward to the Youtube videos!

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Thanks for the explanation, but for people with no experience in selling and shipping to other countries it's just not common knowledge, I guess.
I, for one, got confused because here "SWEDEN TO EU Country: the local VAT (sweden 25%) has to be payed" applies, but Amazon.de makes me pay the Austrian VAT (20%) instead of the German one (19%).

Anyway, I don't want to distract from this amazing looking case anymore. I just wanted clarification for my confusion. ^^
Looking forward to the Youtube videos!

Most likely because the seller has exceeded the (typical) €30K EU VAT threshold to Austria. A lot of legal bollocks with this stuff but I think we’re far from €30K to any specific EU country. This means that Swedish VAT has to be applied to EU countries ?

Reactions: dondan and JDK

onurduran

Minimal Tinkerer
Oct 23, 2019
Heey! Shipping & taxes to Turkey is going to be expensive because we have to ship them by air.

Shippings & taxes to Turkey
• MJOLNIR R = $135.71
• MJOLNIR R + 2X Panel Sets = $170.18

I believe I'll be in North Macedonia around June! Can you calculate it's shipping and taxes for there? I'll be getting MJOLNIR R + 2X Panel Sets!

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
I believe I'll be in North Macedonia around June! Can you calculate it's shipping and taxes for there? I'll be getting MJOLNIR R + 2X Panel Sets!

Holy cow, we haven’t calculated shipping to that country. A quick estimate is $85.

DmanX

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 12, 2019
An IDEA:

My plan, when I get two, is to mod the case to add a silver anti-vandal switch on the back above the spot where the GPU cutout is. The stock power button I will rewire to be a reset button. I think the power button above the GPU area will make for easier access as there is no wires to get in the way. Plus it's easier to reach across the top of the case to power it on.

I think I''ll get an illuminated switch at that.

Swank!

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
An IDEA:

My plan, when I get two, is to mod the case to add a silver anti-vandal switch on the back above the spot where the GPU cutout is. The stock power button I will rewire to be a reset button. I think the power button above the GPU area will make for easier access as there is no wires to get in the way. Plus it's easier to reach across the top of the case to power it on.

I think I''ll get an illuminated switch at that.

Swank!

You can flip the core upside down and BAAM: the power button is on top now!! ;) I think it's going to be hard finding room for a vandal-switch, MJOLNIR wastes almost no space inside ?