CPU How much pcie lanes does the wifi card slot of the deskmini X300 have?

Maxkmk

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Mar 17, 2023
Hi, out of curiosity does anyone know how much pcie lanes are connected to the wifi m.2 slot of the Deskmini X300? I was only able to find information regarding the lanes of the nvme m.2 slots of the X300.

HydrAxx747

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 23, 2021
In my opinion, it's only 1 PCIe 3.0x lane, since the WiFi chips (even the latest Intel AX210 and AMD/MediaTek MT792x WIFI6E) adapted on a support card which are wired in PCIe3.0 1x too.

Reactions: Maxkmk and Arboreal

Maxkmk

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Mar 17, 2023
The CPUs used on the X300 can have up to 24 PCIe 3.0 lanes, if both SSDs take 8 lanes together + 1 for the wifi card that makes 9 lanes all together, maybe an extra lane for the sound chip, the usb Ports on the X300 are as far as I know directly from the CPU. This circumstances leave 15 to 16 lanes unused. I wonder why asrock did not add some PCIe to usb chip, to add more usb ports, or maybe an additional m.2. which is more accessible from the outside for e.g. under a lid, for easyer adding of an eGPU.

Maxkmk

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Mar 17, 2023
...I forgot about the lanes used for the two Sata drive connectors. But I guess there should be still some lanes available for an usb chip and/ or an additional m.2. which is more accessible from the outside under a lid.