Hi there!

Hi there!
My name is Christian, 30-ish software engineer and a enthusiast pc builder. I have built a handful of high-end and fairly well-balanced pc for me, friends and family but always in mid or full tower formats. However, I always wanted to make smaller builds, overall for me. I love build things and the challenging the better.

I'm about to start my first SFF build, I got all the information (I think) I need to don't fail misserably, but I do know how valuable is the experience of those who have been doing this for a while, so that brougth me to SFF and here I am. Hope I could find the needed support here and, why not, to share anything I learn from now on with all of you.

Greetings!

S.D: I'm from Barcelona (Spain). It's like it matters but, as usual, we love to meet and know about ppl in the neighborhood who shares our passions and hobbies. Someone never know when a project might need some extra hands. Collaborative projects are also interesting.

Reactions: ZivZulander

laiv

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Jan 25, 2020
Greeting, Liav! What are your SFF plans? Feel free to share :)
Hi there Thewizzard1, I just posted a question on "Builds" forum.

I'm planning a mid-end game build. Something around a AMD 5 3.6 edit or AMD 7 3.7 edit, Chipset 570, Aire cooling (atm), Nvidia 1660/2060 or Radeon 3600. RAM is yet to be decided , Corsair, G.Skills, Mushkin (i love this brand), Motherboard will depend on the final budget but there's not too much to choose from (Gigabyte or Asus). I hope I don't have to downgrade the chipset down to 470 for the budget. Those 64GB RAM and PCIe 4 looks attractive to me.

Discarded Intel Core i5 and the such because I want to test AMD since I'm reading they are doing a very good job and their CPU looks very rounded to me. As software developer I'm, I think the AMD is the way to go. I will love those extra threads i5 doesn't have.

Now I'm struggling my head to find the case!

Last edited:
Reactions: ZivZulander