Hey from Finland

Hey there,
I am planning to build small ITX PC (not the one of those PCs what have BIG cases but using mini-itx mobo, but really something small), which I can put on my table next to monitor.
Currently I am on old laptop connected to monitor - and I want to raplace this old laptop.

Building it not for games, but for daily use, photo and video editing (Photoshop, Lightroom, Davinci Resolve).
Do not want to spend much money on something fancy.
Cheap and robust and small and upgradable - this is what I am looking for.

Cheers,
Andrew

Jace

Chassis Packer
Jan 28, 2017
Tere tulemast! Ootko syntynyt Suomessa vai muuttanut, kun Andrew ei ihan yleisin suomalainen nimi ole? ?

Photoshop and Lightroom don't require anything too special on the hardware side but I'm looking at Davinci Resolve recommended specs and that one looks a little bit more tricky. What is "much money" to you? It would seem that you need a GTX 1660 6Gb or better GPU and a mid class CPU and at least 16Gb of RAM, preferably 32Gb. For CPU I would go with AMD Ryzen 3000 or the upcoming 5000 series (maybe something like a Ryzen 5/7 3600/3700X). Asrock A520M-ITX/ac looks like a good cheap Mini ITX motherboard to go with those CPUs and it's also compatible with the 5000 series later on. These parts that I mentioned are minimum btw.

Reactions: dj_Duff

dj_Duff

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Oct 22, 2020
Kiitos :) kyllä, mä olen muuttanut :)
Thanks for suggestion!
Yes, Asrock A520M-ITX/ac - this is the board on my list.
I would say, the case for it is the biggest problem. I do not see any nice and compact options out there :(