HELP with Ncase M1 CPU cooler

deathtom666

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
Sep 30, 2016
Hello, i need advices on my itx upgrade i want to do. i currently have an Silverstone rvz02 a scythe big shuriken 2 rev.b with stock cooler (6700k no oc YET). I have preordered an ncase m1 and want to start tweeking with oc with it since it has better airflow. I was thinking of buying a noctua nH-u9s and add a 2nd 25 mm a9x25 fan. note here that i also plan on adding one of theses evga hybrids ftw cards (i'm aware for the 8 pin pcie 90 degree thing btw) see the pic for reference of my ''plan''. I'm after especially silence and decent temps.

But now i'm hesitating since the shuriken pretty much well performs even in it current state, of simply adding a 120mm nf12 pwm on it then leave it on my board. Does somebody has experience with temps with the scythe and better quality 120mm fans?

K888D

SFF Guru
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
I put one of these AKASA fans onto the Big Shuriken 2 and it lowered the noise output especially at low RPM, I think it may of also lowered temps, but I can't confirm this as I didn't do much temperature testing with the original Scythe fan, I found it too loud at idle.

Reactions: deathtom666

deathtom666

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
Sep 30, 2016
I put one of these AKASA fans onto the Big Shuriken 2 and it lowered the noise output especially at low RPM, I think it may of also lowered temps, but I can't confirm this as I didn't do much temperature testing with the original Scythe fan, I found it too loud at idle.
Thanks a lot

deathtom666

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
Sep 30, 2016
What are your temps with the added fan? In game?