Help needed - assembly

erotavlas

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Dec 17, 2019
Ok which of these bags contain the screws to secure motherboard?

Really confusing which screws belong to what as some are very similar in size

Also how do I mount the power supply?

Is the fan supposed to face in or out, and is the power switch on top? I did realize this way there is no access to power switch from outside the case is this true?

Last edited:

Soulforger90

Trash Compacter
Sep 30, 2019
First page of this post - Necere put the manual at the bottom of the post. This lists the screws and what they are used for.

As for the orientation of the PSU, the way you have it is fine. I've also seen it flipped around to allow the fan to pull in cool air from the outside into the PSU to cool it. It might be quieter that way. I have my PSU in the ATX position behind the front panel and the PSU fan is the loudest thing my system.

erotavlas

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Dec 17, 2019
Well the updated manual for V6 doesn't seem to show any screws for power supply mounting. Anyone know which ones are they? In V2 manual they were listed as set F, however F no longer is listed in the image.

They seem to be the same as the motherboard mounting screws (those ones with the rounded tops)

nycalex

Average Stuffer
Nov 6, 2018
from the pic you provided:

lower left bag should contain 5 small M.3 screws.
take out every single screw from the bags and you will see that 2 screws have exactly 5 pieces.
check this image for description of screws:

https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/ncase-m1-included-parts-list-gpu-size-restrictions.9844/

you can see that the mobo screws that are included are only 5 pieces. but wait, there's another screw set with 5. so just identify both and by process of elimination you can figure out which one is for the motherboard.

as for power supply, you want the fan facing outside. so from how you got it now, just flip it.

nycalex

Average Stuffer
Nov 6, 2018
Well the updated manual for V6 doesn't seem to show any screws for power supply mounting. Anyone know which ones are they? In V2 manual they were listed as set F, however F no longer is listed in the image.

They seem to be the same as the motherboard mounting screws (those ones with the rounded tops)

you didn't get a bag like this?

it was the only screw bag that was labeled.

erotavlas

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Dec 17, 2019
Thanks guys, yes I found that bag after, for some reason I didn't bother to check the other box, I just assumed all the screws were together in the same box. I was going crazy, but it was my fault for not looking in both boxes :)