NEED RECOMMENDATIONS for cases with vertically orientated GPUs like Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Shift and Chimera MachOne.
This is my first post here.
For the last few days I have been looking for small form factor PC cases that have small area footprint while supporting full-length GPUs. I have come to the conclusion that the cases with vertically orientated GPUs are the best fit for my two requirements.
Here are the cases I have found so far and my opinion of them:
CASE (width, depth, height; maximum GPU length; volume) - OPINION
- Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Shift (170 x 274 x 470 mm; GPU length up to 350 mm; 22 l) - I don't like vents on top of the case. Quite large with its 22 l of volume.
- Jonsbo / Cooltek VR1 (239 x 238 x 387 mm; GPU length up to 320 mm; 22 l) - Probably has poor ventilation (due to motherboard placement it has vents only on the top and bottom of the case, the vents on top actually duct air to the back of the case). Quite large with its 22 l of volume. Discontinued.
- SilverStone Fortress FT03 (235 x 284 x 487 mm; GPU length up to 349 mm; 33 l) - A bit too deep for my desk (I would prefer a case with depth around 200 mm). I don't like vents on top and side of the case and its design. Too big to be considered small form factor PC case (33 l).
The internet has taken me to China so I have discovered:
- Sunmilo FS01 (170 x 260 x 320 mm; GPU length up to ?; 14 l) - Has too many vents and openings which I find aestheticly unpleasing and it might lead to higher dust buildup. Also, quite deep (260 mm).
- D-A4LH (164 x 246 x 429 mm; GPU length up to 335 mm; 17,5 l) - Too many vents. Dust buildup would be high and it probably can't even dampen fan bearing noise, let alone GPU noise under full load. Depth and volume still above what I would find optimal.
Both Chinese cases are expensive (probably above $200 with shipping) and difficult to obtain (I would probable need to organize shipping from China through a shipping agent).
I have also found multiple projects on this site like Breathe and Vertex by @DSE, Chimera MachOne by @PlayfulPhoenix, @Necere's vertical case concept, EVE 01 by @ehqhvm, Projects Skuld and Reality by @Karamazovmm that are in various phases of development from already on the market to seemingly abandoned.
- Chimera MachOne (170 x 286 x 380 mm; GPU length up to 315 mm; 18,5 l) - A bit too deep for my desk. Too many vents. Case volume is still above what I would find optimal.
- Breathe case (183 x 115 x 347 mm; GPU length up to 322 mm; 7,3 l) - Far too open for my taste.
Other cases are still far off, abandoned or won't be produced/sold to others.
Please post your recommendations if you know of any other cases with vertically orientated GPUs that would occupy small surface area on a desk and accommodate full-length GPUs at the same time.