Discussion HELP... Need advice on Flex 1u PSU \ Cables.

NegativeONE

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Apr 8, 2022
ok, might get abused for asking this one.....but this 4L case i just assembed, there is a very slim chance of installing the enhance 1U PSU with all the cables..... The unit comes with a few molex connectors and 3 sata's which due to its size i doubt ill even use, but would think that keeping the extra PCI connector would be wise incase it gets a GPU upgrade. So, has anyone cut the excess off and used heatshrink to protect the leads or another method? Getting excited and installing windows at the moment with the PSU out, so keen to hear the masses opinions.

Options dont use PSU as it doesnt fit, or ... Use and trim.

aromachi

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 18, 2019
Cut and heatshrink. I had to do it on my last build, as there was no way in hades i was going to get that whole 24 pin cable in that case.

DASBOOT

Airflow Optimizer
Dec 31, 2017
I'd go for "use and trim" :p

In case you are not sure if you might still need certain cables later, you could also DIY something "modular" like I did in my MIT1 build using XT60 connectors for the PCIe power cable
BTW, They make split pet Loom now that comes in different diameters and colors (wirecare.com) and Amazon so if you cannot depin such as USB 19 pin you can make beautiful after the fact... Stretched 4:1 heatshrink using pliers stretch technique will seal the split loom from opening.

Reactions: fredharley

NegativeONE

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Apr 8, 2022
thanks for the feedback guys, ill be cutting and heatshrinking. Not that i can probably fit a SSD in this thing, but might leave 1x Sata. Lessons learnt is the ASRock MB i got only had 1x M.2 slot, so if i was to do this again i'd look for one that had 2x m.2 on it like my other x570.

That or try to find a modular PSU, which to be honest had trouble finding from a non aliexpress brand.

aromachi

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 18, 2019
thanks for the feedback guys, ill be cutting and heatshrinking. Not that i can probably fit a SSD in this thing, but might leave 1x Sata. Lessons learnt is the ASRock MB i got only had 1x M.2 slot, so if i was to do this again i'd look for one that had 2x m.2 on it like my other x570.

That or try to find a modular PSU, which to be honest had trouble finding from a non aliexpress brand.
or buy an external thunderbolt drive

lozza_c

Average Stuffer
Aug 26, 2020
The FlexGuru is OEM, they're only available in 250W and 300W though. As far as I'm aware the only modular OEM Flexes out there are FSP and Seasonic.

Otherwise for the Enhances there's YTC on Taobao, and another modder whose name currently eludes me.