Help me build a Dan Case computer!

Lallo

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Jun 1, 2018
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/htCwKB

Now the only thing I'm missing is the Asetek AIO cooler. It's the only 92 cooler available and that works with the dan case as far as I know. It also makes temperatures and noise a lot better if I'm correct, in compared to a regular fan?

I'm in love with building small cases (my last build was a Node 202) but I'm also very annoyed by loud and noisy builds, especially if they are suppose to be placed on top of my desk to show-off.

Any advice regarding this build? I'm not sure what I'm looking for in a motherboard other than that I want WiFi and enough usb ports.
Also, I wonder.:

1.If there is no fan on the CPU will that mean that the motherboard itself becomes very hot?

2. Is the Asetek 92mm AIO being discontinued?

Solo

King of Cable Management
Nov 18, 2017
The Asetek 545LC has long since been discontinued. It was the only 92mm CLC. For the R5 2600, the Noctua L9a will suit you fine.

Also, exchange your SATA SSD with an M.2 drive. The Samsung 970 EVO is very reasonable these days.

Reactions: loader963

Lallo

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Jun 1, 2018
The Asetek 545LC has long since been discontinued. It was the only 92mm CLC. For the R5 2600, the Noctua L9a will suit you fine.

Also, exchange your SATA SSD with an M.2 drive. The Samsung 970 EVO is very reasonable these days.
Is the M.2 drive so much better than SSD? Since they are a lot more expensive.
Won't the noctua make a lot of noise?

molo

What's an ITX?
Nov 19, 2018
using an M.2 means one less cable from the PSU. Have you ever looked at how the AIO gets installed?

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
As above, run a Noctua L9A, if you're concerned about noise, swap the fan for a 92mm Redux PWM.
M.2 is worth the small amount over a SATA SSD for the potential speed increases and the lack of cables required.

The 545LC is really not worth the hassle with a 65W chip, it's only really required for 95W+ chips.