Hello!

Greetings,

Long time lurker, first time poster as a few cases in the custom area have finally caught my eye and wanted to ask some direct Q's before pulling the trigger. I work overseas so I have limited space. If I was home I would be building at least an NZXT H200 cased system but alas portability is my watch word.

Currently rocking a Node 202, I7-6700K with Nvidia 1080 FE. Looking to keep the small form factor because of my work situation but want to step up to a 240mm AIO... which presents a bit of a debacle until recently. Mainly because the Cryorig small cooler does a decent job but I'm experience Thermal throttling while playing the BFV and Black Ops Beta's recently and seen it happen running Aida64 (or what appears to be TT) when it gets hot. Obviously the Node 202 just can't cut the airflow mustard.

Thanks for putting up with my newbish Q's regarding system building. I've been tinkering but this will be the first transplant from one case to another. Should be fun!

Reactions: Phuncz

loader963

King of Cable Management
Jan 21, 2017
A budget would help give an idea whether you need to go for a mainstream or a boutique case. Also have you seen any that pick your interest?

Longbow072

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Sep 25, 2018
I'm looking to do mostly a transplant in to another case. The Louqe was what brought me back from the brink of getting an NZXT H200i as a way to get what I want. But I'd prefer to avoid a case with tempered glass, since transporting the case in luggage becomes an issue.

I was looking hard at the Circle Pro, but my catch 22 there is that to get in to it I'd be looking at at least a grand in AIO, Motherboard (to get my fan headers as my GA Z170 WIFI has only one), and a Zotac GFX card. Thats not even factoring in the 350+ for the case. My desire is to keep the case in that small form factor and re-use as much of the components I have while getting an AIO in to the picture to cool my processor. The Cryorig C1 is adequate, but was getting CPU Thermal throttling on my 6700k playing BFV and Black Ops Blackout Beta.