Hello there :)

Hello out there,

Hailing in from Aachen, Germany.

I'm obviously new around these premises, esp. the SFF / ITX world.
But not to building computers - been building my own systems since 1995, one of the early adopters / evangelists of airflow-focused computer cases, and have been tinkering around with notebooks (primarly ThinkPad) since the late 2000s. In March 2021 I returned to the world of desktop systems, after building my first desktop system in over a decade .. but that felt kinda empty and shllaow.
Yes: its all nice and well to build in current PC cases - but where is the fun and joy of tinkering out creative solutions for limited environments? (a rough translation of my thoughts).

Thus I thought - what about building something more challenging? Maybe somewhat more notebook-oriented? Portable, maybe?
So my new plan is to build a Portable SFF Workstation.

Current specs: Ryzen 9 5900X, 32 - 64 GB RAM, 1 TB + 2 TB NVMe, GIGABYTE B550I AORUS Pro AX, 240 mm AIO (either Alphacool Eisbaer or be!quiet Silent Loop), AMD-based GPU, all of it crammed inside the Sharkoon QB One (or Sharkzone C10).

Future plans after that: Leaning strongly towards Dan Case C4-SFX, although other cases like the ZS A4 V3.2 and the Oki Case are taken into consideration, too. Possibly also the Dan x Lian Li A4-H2O, which strongly looks to me like a blend between the C4 and the A4.

cu, w0lf.

Reactions: StaryNayt

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Welcome to the forum !

Be sure to read up on the terms and rules of the forum. Mainly for buying and selling or other commercial activity on the forum as the access is limited and the rules are strictly enforced.

As a new user you're probably not able to edit posts or links just yet, so if a substantial error was made, click the Report-button in the post.

Hope to see you around, enjoy the wonderful world of SFF !

Reactions: hrh_ginsterbusch