Hello from The Netherlands

Well, I am new here and I really don't know what you guys all want to know. I am from The Netherlands and I have, like everyone here, a great passion for custom computers. And when I was doing some research online I came across this forum. It seems not to be that old, but if anyone wants to give me the story of how this forum came together I would be pleased to read it.

I also do custom projects myself, but I like to make small builds with ATX boards inside of them. Not because I like or need ATX boards, but everyone is already trying to build the smallest computers with ITX boards. I am currently working on a 3D drawing of a <20 liter ATX case with six expansion slots and thus space for 3 Nano's, hence it name: Nano^3. To make this possible it also has space for 2 SFX PSU's and a 120mm AIO. Sadly though, because of lack of money and because I want to start studying Mechanical Engineering on the Technical University of Twente after this summer, it will probably never see the light of day.

Here are some of my previous projects:

The 'see if it is possible' build:
https://pcpartpicker.com/b/KXbj4D

The 'make the most beautiful computer I can think of' build:
https://pcpartpicker.com/b/LN8KHx

If someone wants to know more about me, just ask me :)

Reactions: Phuncz

CXH4

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 18, 2016
Welcome! I'm also somewhat new here, and I took a look at some of your projects and they are great, I'm sure you'll enjoy it here.

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Welcome!

It seems not to be that old, but if anyone wants to give me the story of how this forum came together I would be pleased to read it.

The forum was started in February 2015. It came about mainly because I wanted a forum dedicated to SFF and that was also welcoming to small commercial projects like the M1, Cerberus, etc.

The 'make the most beautiful computer I can think of' build:

And indeed it's a very nice looking case, great work!

Ceros_X

King of Cable Management
Mar 8, 2016
Welcome!

There is some interesting background info in this podcast from a while ago (SFF puts out regular podcasts at lowvolu.me - click for link to that particular show).

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Hi and welcome ! Even though ATX motherboards are associated with huge, bulky cases, I am amazed how some can make SFF builds around these. This discussion has just been (re)opened on the Kimera Cerberus project. But this is mainly because mATX hasn't been given the proper product lineup in 2015 and 2016.

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
Welcome to the forum!

Those are two very nice builds you've got there, the second one is particularly amazing and certainly SFF. ATX isn't as bad a form factor if you use it efficiently, which you certainly did. My only grip is the power chord, as you could've routed it out through the bottom, but it's not really a problem. Why did you allow the front and top panel to be screwed in when they are normally held on by magnets anyway?

SFFwoodbendeR

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
Apr 19, 2016
Welcome to the forum!

Those are two very nice builds you've got there, the second one is particularly amazing and certainly SFF. ATX isn't as bad a form factor if you use it efficiently, which you certainly did. My only grip is the power chord, as you could've routed it out through the bottom, but it's not really a problem. Why did you allow the front and top panel to be screwed in when they are normally held on by magnets anyway?

Well, to hold them extra in place. The magnets are enough, but I wanted them to be fixed in place when I am moving the case.