Hello from Stockholm

Been snooping around the SFF.Netwok for quite some time now, admiring all the projects going on :)

Due to the work from home culture going on right now, I've been working in the study since late February and it didn't take long before going mental sitting next to my homelab, a full tower build a few years ago. It's large, it's noisy and I had enough.

So it's now being replaced with a SFF, more powerful than the old 4 core machine, small enough to stand on the shelf closer to the network cabinet, faster and almost dead silent.

Components for the new one is:
- NFC SkyReact 4 mini
- AsRock Rack X570D4I-2T
- Ryzen 3700X
- Noctua NH-L9i chromax.black
- Corsair MP600 M.2
- Kingston HyperX Impact DDR4-2933 64GB (room for another 64 when needed)
- HDPlex 400W brickless

Since the machine is running my network as well (TNSR and pfSense) on top of ESXI 7, will be adding a fiber NIC for 8x of the 16x PCI slot and hopefully will find a suitable x8 M.2 extension card to add another two M.2:s in there as well.

TobyLo

Case Bender
Original poster
New User
Nov 17, 2020
So far so good, looks like the x570 does run a bit warm though so will have to tinker a bit with the airflow in the case.

The hdplex acdc brick also arrived DOA, but Larry quickly sent out a replacement which will hopefully arrive within a few days. Eager to get the thing fully assembled and shooting some before and after pictures :)