Hello from Poland

Hello there

I came here to plan my second attempt to fit 7800X3D and 4090 into Fractal Ridge. I've described my first attempt on reddit here and since I wasn't satisfied with the results (setup was extremely noisy and had performance issues with thermal throttling) I've rolled back to my good old Corsair 2000D Airflow but I still would love to have white, horizontal PC case that can fit my hardware listed here (now I actually use Corsair H150i Elite CPU cooler but no matter what it won't fit the the Ridge 😉).

I have to say that during first attempt I have probably messed up things software wise. I haven't got to much experience with FanControl and while being under time pressure (my only PC was disassembled and I couldn't game, which was a pressing matter to me) I have probably gave up a bit to soon, maybe if I would tinker a bit more and did some small hardware adjustments there is a chance I would have figured it out. Now I have a second PC at home and I believe I understand the FanControl much better, so I hope I can pull it off this time, especially with the support from this community 🙂

Cheers!

Reactions: rfarmer

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Welcome to the forum ! We've all learned to deal with performance limitations in tight SFF builds, that's part of the journey !

Be sure to read up on the terms and rules of the forum. Mainly for buying and selling or other commercial activity on the forum as the access is limited and the rules are strictly enforced.

As a new user you're probably not able to edit posts or links just yet, so if a substantial error was made, click the Report-button in the post.

Hope to see you around, enjoy the wonderful world of SFF !