Hello from Australia

Hey guys,

Haven't logged on in a while and only now just realised I havent made an introduction yet!

Nothing too fancy here; I'm still working on my first build ever and looking for a solid intro into Windows, casual PC Gaming and a reliable workstation for Web Design/Dev, 3D Designing/Printing, Data Analysis (massive spreadsheets for my job), some Photography stuff here and there.

I've been planning to get into SFF for a while now, about ~2 years or so. After hearing and jumping into learning more about PC Building, Ryzen really got my attention. Ive been learning and keeping up with all updates for about 2 years and will probably pull the trigger when 3rd Gen Ryzen releases, hopefully with new GPU's also.
(Also got my eye on the Ryzen 4700g for that sweet 8-core/16-thread goodness).

I will be transitioning from my current Apple MBP 15" Retina with a GT750M 2GB from back in 2013 so a new dedicated desktop will be a HUGE step up in performance and the way i currently do things - workflow and such.

Looking for a build i can use for about 3 years before upgrading, around 6-12L for small enough form factor that I could use to custom watercool and make as quiet as possible while OCing to respectable levels. Noise, quality, aesthetics and low-power consumption are important to me so I'm in the process of finding a decent case that fulfills the above.

Look forward to sticking around here more often and getting to know the latest news in SFF! Thanks to everyone for making it a great, friendly community.

Cheers guys.

Reactions: Phuncz