Hello Everyone!

Hello everyone!

I've been sitting on an Asrock Deskmini A300W I bought a while back and it's been a ton of fun using it. I've been meaning to add a GPU to the mix but it's been difficult to try and figure out what would be the proper way to handle powering it. A friend of mine recently gifted me an RTX 3060 and I figured I might as well make some progress on this project!

I would love to have to only plug in one power cable to power both the A300 and the GPU. I've been looking around at a bunch of solutions posted around here, notably the GxR DIY kit by Revoccases and KMPKT Dynamo 360, but it seems like they're not currently available. :(

Any recommendations or advice would be super helpful.

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
Hello everyone!

I've been sitting on an Asrock Deskmini A300W I bought a while back and it's been a ton of fun using it. I've been meaning to add a GPU to the mix but it's been difficult to try and figure out what would be the proper way to handle powering it. A friend of mine recently gifted me an RTX 3060 and I figured I might as well make some progress on this project!

I would love to have to only plug in one power cable to power both the A300 and the GPU. I've been looking around at a bunch of solutions posted around here, notably the GxR DIY kit by Revoccases and KMPKT Dynamo 360, but it seems like they're not currently available. :(

Any recommendations or advice would be super helpful.

Welcome @iaunch! It's gonna be very challenging to pair a 3060 with the Deskmini, so here's my proposal: send me your 3060 and I will in return send you an In-Win Chopin build with a half height GTX 950. Or 1050Ti, if you're lucky 😄

Anw joke aside, please take some time to read our terms, conditions and rules. It is especially important to read them if you are wanting to buy or sell, as the information you need to gain access to that subforum is all in there.

Also, as part of our community moderation efforts, we don't let new users edit posts or links for a bit, so report your post using the "report" button if you need it deleted/modified (or just post something like "sorry double post above" or "the above post is wrong, here's the updated one:... ").

The report button is also useful if you observe spam or any other suspicious activities going on.

Have fun!

Reactions: Phuncz